While Galaxy S2 users are still waiting for an official Android Jelly Bean Update, developers are working hard on creating the perfect Custom ROMs. This time, XDA member bluefa1con presented everybody a completely unique ROM that also works on the GT-I9100 and GT-I9100G Galaxy S2 versions.
(By the way, if you’re enjoying this article, you may want to subscribe to our YouTube channel; we do giveaways, hands-on product reviews, feature top tech, and much more!)
This is how PACman ROM is unique:
- It is created by combining the most used Custom ROMs out there: Paranoid, AOKP and CyanogenMod 10. By taking the most important and impressive features of these Custom ROMs, they have created PACman All in 1 ROM. The firmware is supposed to be really stable, yet knowing that it is still a work in progress it may still have several bugs that are looking to be fixed.
Here’s a video tutorial that can help you understand better how PACman ROM looks like, works and all its features: http://youtu.be/PW5fRzEnyLQ IMPORTANT:
- This Custom Firmware works only on Samsung Galaxy Note 2 versions I9100 and I9100G
- If you continue with the installation you must know that there’s is a small risk of bricking your device. He cannot be held responsible for that, as installing Custom ROMs is not a 100% safe procedure. However, if you follow the directions exactly there should’t be any problems.
- Backup all your personal data just in case
HOW TO INSTALL PACman ROM On Galaxy S2 I9100 and I9100G:
I. IF coming from another custom ROM:
- Download the ROM for Galaxy S2 I9100 or Galaxy S2 I9100G and move it to the SD card
- Download Google Apps and move it to the SD card
- Turn off the device
- Enter Recovery Mode ( Hold Volume Up + Home + Power buttons)
- Perform a Wipe data/Factory Reset
- Flash PACMan ROM
- Flash Google Apps
- Perfrom Wipe Cache
- Perfrom Wipe Dalvik Cache
- Reboor your device
This should finish the installation. You should know have PACman Custom ROM installed on your Samsung Galaxy S2.
II. IF you are coming from Stock Samsung ROM
And as always, we end with an invite: don't be a stranger and join our community - be a part of the conversation where we help each other out, discuss the latest and greatest, and make the best of our tech.