Thanks to the guys at Sammobile we now have another version of Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean for Samsung Galaxy S3. Even though this is just another test firmware they say it is very close to an official release. The official update to Android 4.2.2 for the S3 will take a little more time to come, but meanwhile let’s take a look at what the I9300XXUFME7 firmware has to offer.
Based on the rumors the official update will come somewhere in July/August and then Galaxy S3 will officially run with Android 4.2.2. For now we haven’t seen any of the S4 camera features ported for the S3 in any of the test firmwares, but we hope the official one will include this.
Here is what Android 4.2.2 I9300XXUFME7 brings new on the Galaxy S3:
- The lockscreen mode has been updated with: Multiple Widgets, 2 more unlock effects out of which the already existing Ripple effect was improved, a new option to change clock size has been added and you can now set a personal message like with the S4.
- We have added screen modes from the S4: Adapt display and professional photo.
- The Settings UI has been updated to the S4 model (with tabbed interface).
- Some Galaxy S4 voice controls have been added.
- Samsung apps now have fullscreen mode.
- S-Voice was updated to the S4 version.
- A new smart switch widget has been added.
That’s about all what Sammobile declares the test firmware brings in. It looks like a promising update, so here are the steps to install Android 4.2.2 I9300XXUFME7 on your SGS3:
Although this is not an official release by Samsung but just a pre-release test firmware it will not increase the binary counter or change the system state either.
First you have to download the firmware package from here: download I9300XXUFME7_I9300OXAFME7_OXA.zip. You will see that the package also contains Odin 3.04. First restart the phone in download mode (press Home + Power + Volume down in the same time) and then start Odin. Wait for Odin to recognize your device and then add the file with “_HOME” at the end at the PDA section in ODIN. Make sure Re-partition is not checked and click on START if you are ready. Reboot at the end and that’s it.
If you have decided to install this update on your device please share with us your experience with Android 4.2.2 on your Galaxy S3 in the comment section below.
LATEST FROM YOUTUBE: