The new Galaxy Note 2 has had a huge impact over Android fans featuring the immense 5.5 inch screen, the 1.6 GHz quad core processor and amazing features to play with. Because of this we can say that the Note 2 represents a real interest for developers to come up with custom ROMs and rooting methods. So we found about the new toolkit developed by Mskip, member of Xda-developers, and decided to share with how you can use the toolkit to root and flash CWM by only using this toolkit. You can learn more about ClockworkMod Recovery here.
What the toolkit can do for any Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100: root, install USB drivers, dump selected phone partitions, install BusyBox, flash CWM, flash insecure boot image, set files permissions and so much more.
Important: Remember that you need to own a Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 if you want to use the toolkit. Any other model may get bricked and you should not proceed any further. Also you must know that the instructions you find here are only informational and if you don’t follow them precisely or if your phone is under different circumstances they may note work. We don ‘t hold any responsibility for what may happen to your phone. Still, if you read the instructions carefully and you follow them step by step, nothing should go wrong.
DID YOU KNOW? Updato offers seamless and guaranteed phone unlocking for any device, carrier and region! It's quick and easy - try it now.
Here’s what you’ll need before proceeding with the installation:
– The Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 with USB cable.
– Download Mskip’s Galaxy Note 2 Toolkit V1.0.0 from here.
– 75% charged battery.
– To prevent data loss in case the installation goes wrong, backup your personal data.
How to install the toolkit:
– Run the toolkit setup file you downloaded and follow the instructions to the end.
As we said earlier, the toolkit can install the Galaxy Note 2 drivers on your PC. These drivers are needed if you want to successfully connect the Galaxy Note 2 to the PC. Here’s how you use the toolkit v1.0.0 to install Galaxy Note 2 drivers:
– First, consider uninstalling Samsung Kies because it is recommended.
– With the phone disconnected from the PC, start the Galaxy Note 2 Toolkit v1.0.0. You will be promoted with this window:
– Press 1. This will take you to the installation of the Galaxy Note 2 USB drivers for your PC.
– Before connecting the phone to the PC, enable debugging mode ( Go to Settings, Developer Options, USB debugging). Now connect your phone to the PC with the USB cable, and wait for your computer to recognize the phone and install the drivers.
How to use Galaxy Note 2 Toolkit v1.0.0 to Root the device with CWM:
First make sure you have USB Debugging enabled.
Step1: Start Galaxy Note 2 Toolkit v1.0.0 and connect the phone to the computer.
Step2: Select 2 Rooting Options.
Step3: You will be prompted with 4 rooting options. The first will root your phone. The second will root the phone and install busybox. Option number 3, and the one that is most recommended, will root the device and also flash ClockworkMod Recovery and busybox. And with the last option you can root the device with Odin.
Step4: Select option number 3 if you want to root with CWM. If not, select any other option.
Step5: Continue with the installation by following the on-screen instructions. Wait for the phone to reboot.
You have now rooted your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 with the mskip toolkit v1.0.0.
The toolkit also allows you to flash the stock boot image after rooting and to unroot, uninstall CWM and busybox with Custom recovery if you want at a later time.
If you decide to upgrade to the next Note, maybe you’ll be interested in reading about Root for Galaxy Note 3.
Hope you found this tutorial useful. If you want the latest updates for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 in the future stay close to us and we will try to post them as soon as we can.
LATEST FROM YOUTUBE:
Similar / posts
November 03 2012
October 17 2012