CyanogenMod Team has recently released the second stable version of the M snapshot series for Samsung Galaxy S2 ATT LTE.
CyanogenMod 10.1 M2 for Samsung Galaxy S2 ATT LTE is based on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. For the installation we will use cm-10.1-20130304-EXPERIMENTAL-skyrocket-M2.zip which is a zip file and CWM Recovery.
Installation Requirements: In order to proceed further with the installation of CyanogenMod 10.1 M2 on your Samsung Galaxy S2 ATT LTE, you will need CWM Recovery and root, a Nandroid backup, USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S2 ATT LTE installed on your computer.
Important!! Installing CyanogenMod 10.1 M2 on Samsung Galaxy S2 ATT LTE means you are installing a Custom ROM on your device. Here is a list with the risks involving the installation of custom ROMs on your Samsung Galaxy S2 ATT LTE.
DID YOU KNOW? Updato offers seamless and guaranteed phone unlocking for any device, carrier and region! It's quick and easy - try it now.
For the installation of CyanogenMod 10.1 M2 on your Samsung Galaxy S2 ATT LTE, we will use a zip file (cm-10.1-20130304-EXPERIMENTAL-skyrocket-M2.zip) that can be flashed with CWM Recovery. It is recommended that you perform a full wipe before the installation. If anything goes wrong after installing CyanogenMod 10.1 M2, you can return to your previous ROM using the Nandroid you made.
How to install CyanogenMod 10.1 M2 based on Android 4.2.2 on Samsung Galaxy S2 ATT LTE:
- Connect Samsung Galaxy S2 ATT LTE to the computer and move cm-10.1-20130304-EXPERIMENTAL-skyrocket-M2.zip and Google Apps on the Sd card (don’t extract).
- Disconnect and turn off the device.
- Boot the Samsung Galaxy S2 ATT LTE in Recovery Mode (Search for the key combination for your device)
- Select Wipe data/factory reset and then Format/system.
- Select Install zip from sd card and choose cm-10.1-20130304-EXPERIMENTAL-skyrocket-M2.zip from the sd card, then press Install.
- Wait for the installation on your Samsung Galaxy S2 ATT LTE to finish and then repeat the process for Google Apps.
- Select Wipe Cache partition and Wipe dalvik cache.
You should now have CyanogenMod 10.1 M2 installed on your Samsung Galaxy S2 ATT LTE and ready to use. Use the Nandroid backup to return to your previous ROM in case there is something wrong.
LATEST FROM YOUTUBE: