- Using a USB cable, mount your D6603 or D6653 Z3 model device to a computer.
- You will notice that the Xperia Companion will automatically launch.
- Ensure that the Xperia Companion installed is a 1.1.24 version or beyond. Or alternatively, you could download the latest version here.
- On your computer, press and hold the ALT button then on the home screen click the Software repair option, and follow the instructions.
- You will be promted to unmount your device then power it off, and afterwards reconnect it as you hold down the volume down button to begin flashing the software.
- By simply reconnecting to the Xperia Companion and following the Software repair, you will easily get you back to factory settings.
Good news to you if you are rocking a Sony Xperia Z3 device! Apparently you don't have to dump your Xperia Z3 for Nexus handset to enjoy the Android N experience. This specifically applies to Sony Xperia Z3 with model numbers D6603 or D6653, as Sony has made available a guide that will get the Android N OS up and running on your Xperia smartphone.Here is how:
What's my model number?
There are several ways to locate your model number:
- Option 1
- On your device, go to Settings, then "About device" and scroll down to "Model number"
- Option 2
- Often times you can view the model number inside the device, by removing the battery
- Option 3
- Using Samsung's model/serial number location tool