Galaxy Note 2 update to Android 4.3 test firmware XXUEMI6
Amazing, after Galaxy S4 getting Android 4.3 from a leaked firmware, it’s now Samsung Galaxy Note 2’s time to get the latest Android 4.3. We have been waiting for Samsung to give us something, especially knowing that they started testing Android 4.3 on Galaxy Note 2. We are now happy to introduce you, Android 4.3 N7100XXUEMI6 for Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
Firmware XXUEMI6 is a test firmware, and by the looks of it, it’s in the early stage of development. As we said earlier, Samsung has only been testing 4.3 on Note II for a short while. The test firmware was leaked on forum tinhte.vn, by member HappyKing.
Because the firmware is in an early stage, you can expect it to be a little buggy, and also to lack certain features that you might expect to see in Android 4.3 for Galaxy Note II.
Side Note: If you’re enjoying this article, you may want to subscribe to our YouTube channel; we do giveaways, hands-on product reviews, feature top tech, and much more!
Just to make an idea, here are some of the things that have been added in this test Android 4.3 firmware: updated UI to look more like S4/Note 3; many of the S4 features have been added; The firmware comes with Samsung KNOX and Samsung Wallet pre-installed; and that’s about it, except of course for the things that are changed to increase performance and stability.
As we said earlier, this test firmware is one of the firsts to come for Galaxy Note 2, so you should expect more features to be added when the official update gets released.
Region: Open Europe, OXA
How to install Android 4.3 XXUEMI6 on Samsung Galaxy Note 2:
Before thinking about installing this, you should know a few things. First of all this is a test firmware, not an official update. It is used by Samsung for testing purposes so it will have some bugs and issues. You will not increase the binary counter of your device by installing this, nor void your warranty. Proceed on your own risk.
Download Android 4.3 XXUEMI6 for Galaxy Note 2: Download AP_N7100XXUEM16_CP_N7100XXEM16_CSC_N7100XAEM16_BY_WVAZ_DINK.zip (password wagnervaz)
- Extract the files from the firmware archive downloaded above.
- Download Odin3 v3.09 and extract the files from the archive.
- Run Odin 3 v3.09 on your PC.
- Reboot your Galaxy Note 2 in Download Mode using the combination Home+Power+Volume Down.
- Connect the device to the PC using the USB cable.
- Wait for Odin to show a blue sign, this indicates that the connection was established. (If it doesn’t work, make sure that you have the Samsung drivers installed on your PC and also make sure KIES is not running).
- Click on AP and add the AP_N7100XXUEM16_CP_N7100XXEM16_CSC_N7100XAEM16_BY_WVAZ_DINK.tar file from the firmware archive.
- If Re-partition is not checked (Do NOT check it), you are ready to press START.
- The installation has began, wait until it is done and restart the device.
Hopefully Android 4.3 test firmware XXUEMI6 will work just fine on your Galaxy Note 2. If you encounter any issues or if you install the firmware, give us notice about how it is performing in the comment section below.
LATEST FROM YOUTUBE: