OS upgrade to Android 4.4.2 KitKatAs usual, you can update your firmware by going to Settings>More>About Phone>Software updates and check for updates. The update will roll out gradually, so you might not see it immediately. Some people think that the Galaxy Note 2 was the best phone Samsung ever released, and regret upgradeing to the Note 3. So for those who remained loyal to the Note 2, this update comes as a reward for patience.
- New Lock Screen Access
- Media Controls - full-screen album art and media controls when listening to music
- Camera Shortcut - access the Camera application right from the lock screen
- Improved user experience when multiple messaging apps are installed - All SMS and MMS messages are together in the same app, alongside other conversations and video calls.
- Visual content such as photos, videos, maps, books, and games are even better with full-screen immersive mode. The UI stays hidden while interacting with the content.
- Restyled Status and Navigation Bars - status and navigation bars are translucent and can sit on top of apps, along with simplified status bar icons
- New storage access framework - Simple for users to browse and open documents, images, and other files, across most customer preferred document storage providers.
- Consolidated Location Settings - location services are integrated and more detailed by new Location menu
- Expanded Emoji Icons
- Wireless Printing – supports printing over Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Prevention Information pop-up message is suppressed.
- New platform support for secure NFC-based transactions through Host Card Emulation (HCE).
- Beats Music is Preloaded
- Video player closed captioning Settings > My device > Accessibility > Google subtitles (CC) and Samsung subtitles (CC)
- Can be set sound for Samsung apps (call/message/email/calendar) Setting > my Device > Sound > Samsung applications
Similar / posts
September 17 2019
September 13 2019