AT&T is continuing to roll out KitKat updates. Following the update to the Galaxy S3 last week, the AT&T Note 2 is getting updated to KitKat 4.4.2. US carriers are known for releasing updates more slowly than the Samsung releases them for the International Version, but at least we are getting KitKat now.
The new firmware’s build number is I317UCUCNE5 and comes with the usual KitKat goodies:
OS upgrade to Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- New Lock Screen Access
- Media Controls – full-screen album art and media controls when listening to music
- Camera Shortcut – access the Camera application right from the lock screen
- Improved user experience when multiple messaging apps are installed – All SMS and MMS messages are together in the same app, alongside other conversations and video calls.
- Visual content such as photos, videos, maps, books, and games are even better with full-screen immersive mode. The UI stays hidden while interacting with the content.
- Restyled Status and Navigation Bars – status and navigation bars are translucent and can sit on top of apps, along with simplified status bar icons
- New storage access framework – Simple for users to browse and open documents, images, and other files, across most customer preferred document storage providers.
- Consolidated Location Settings – location services are integrated and more detailed by new Location menu
- Expanded Emoji Icons
- Wireless Printing – supports printing over Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Prevention Information pop-up message is suppressed.
- New platform support for secure NFC-based transactions through Host Card Emulation (HCE).
- Beats Music is Preloaded
- Video player closed captioning Settings > My device > Accessibility > Google subtitles (CC) and Samsung subtitles (CC)
- Can be set sound for Samsung apps (call/message/email/calendar) Setting > my Device > Sound > Samsung applications
As usual, you can update your firmware by going to Settings>More>About Phone>Software updates and check for updates. The update will roll out gradually, so you might not see it immediately.
Some people think that the Galaxy Note 2 was the best phone Samsung ever released, and regret upgradeing to the Note 3. So for those who remained loyal to the Note 2, this update comes as a reward for patience.
DID YOU KNOW? Updato offers seamless and guaranteed phone unlocking for any device, carrier and region! It's quick and easy - try it now.
LATEST FROM YOUTUBE:
Similar / posts
Android firmware update roundup [07/16/18]: HTC update brings improvements, Huawei P9 may receive Android Oreo, and more
July 16 2018
Android firmware update roundup [07/09/18]: Android Oreo on LG G5, Project Tremble and One Plus 5, and more
July 09 2018