Ready for some weekly firmware news? Well, we have a list of devices lined up for you then. Mobile phones are designed to be time-proof, and while the hardware may become dated in a year, the software experience can always be refreshed. Whether it is the ability to fix issues with the Android devices, or include the latest and greatest features, firmware updates are always welcomed.
Which Devices are in today's Firmware news round-up?
Galaxy S20, Galaxy A51, Galaxy A71, Galaxy F41, Galaxy Note 10 Lite, and Galaxy Note 20 Ultra.
OnePlus 9, OnePlus 9 Pro, OnePlus 8, and OnePlus 8 Pro
Nokia 8.1 and Nokia 2.3
RealMe 8 and RealMe 8 Pro
Motorola One Hyper and Motorola G 5G Plus
Xiaomi Mi 10 and Mi 10 Pro
The April 2021 Security Update Finally Started Rolling for the Galaxy S20 Series
The Samsung Galaxy S20 series users saw the latest security update of 2021 for their devices in the first week of April. This OTA update majorly focuses on security improvements to tackle various vulnerabilities lingering within the Android OS. The April security update rolled out for various devices in Germany. It is expected to reach users globally real soon.
While you are reading this post, the update might have already rolled in your territory as well. To have a look, launch your device's settings application and hover over to the section that calls "Software Update."
This will let you know if the April 2021 security patch is available for your Galaxy S20 or not.
Galaxy A51 sees the latest "One 3.1 UI" Update
After the 4G models of Galaxy A51 saw the latest UI 3.1 updates back in March 2021, Samsung is now taking care of its 5G variants. The first week of April brought firmware updates on the Android 11 based One UI 3.1 for the Galaxy A51 5G. Although the update is currently exclusive to South Korean devices, it is expected to see a global release sooner or later.
Galaxy A51 5G users in South Korea can have their devices updated simply by downloading and installing the latest A516NKSU3CUC8 version available in the "Software Update" section.
The April 2021 Security Update is Up and Running for Galaxy A71
Just as April was about to reach the end of its first week, the Galaxy A71 devices saw the latest April security update of 2021. Although the 5G models of Galaxy A71 are yet to receive official updates, the LTE model got itself a step ahead this time around.
Bearing version A715FZHU4BUC1, the update is currently exclusive to the devices in Hong Kong only. However, the update is expected to roll out in other countries real soon.
2nd Major One UI 3 Update for Galaxy F41
Post its release in the latter half of 2020, the Galaxy F41 had its Android 11 based UI 3.0 update at the beginning of 2021. However, to bring surprise to the table, Samsung launches the second firmware update for Galaxy F41.
The latest firmware version, F415FXXUIBUC8, weighs around 1 GB. It is set to enhance the device's camera performance aiding all other significant improvements. The update also features the security patch for March 2021, making it a package of substantial updates altogether.
Currently, the update is up and running in the Indian market, with countries like Brazil and Panama expecting it real soon. If you belong to the mentioned countries, head over to the device's "System Update" section and make sure your Galaxy F41 is up to date.
Galaxy Note 10 Lite and Galaxy Note 20 Ultra Gets April Security Patches.
Samsung's latest Note series saw its share of security updates in the very first week of April. The security patches for Note 10 lite and Galaxy Note 20 Ultra under the respective version numbers N770FXXU7EUC6 and N986BXXS1DUD1 have currently been launched for the devices in France and Germany, respectively. The update, however, is likely to hit the global mark real soon.
OnePlus 9 Series Gets the Latest OS Update for Multiple Bug Fixes
With just being months into the launch, OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro saw their second OS update recently. Focused on various bug fixes and performance improvements, the Oxygen OS update 18.104.22.168 started rolling out in India at the initial stages.
Features and Improvements:
- System Improvements
- Optimized power consumption for better battery life.
- Enhanced system stability.
- Bug fixes on camera for a better shooting experience.
- Optimized telecommunication stability.
- Optimized WLAN transmission
OnePlus 8 series gets Oxygen OS 11 update with Security Patch of March 2021
OnePlus recently rolled out another stable Oxygen OS update for its devices across the 8 series; OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro. Currently exclusive to India's devices, the Oxygen OS 22.214.171.124 is expected real soon in Europe and North America, as per the official comments.
The OS update also sees the latest security patch of March 2021. Here is a look at the improvements that the update brings with it:
Bug fixes to overcome lag issues while playing the videos recorded by 4K CINE 60 FPS.
- Emergency icon optimization.
- Splash Screen issue resolved.
- Enhanced the performance of navigation gestures while the device is charging up.
- Resolved issues that are encountered while changing Fonts.
- Fixed recording issues.
- Fixed issues related to taking screenshots.
- Other minor system improvements for an enhanced experience.
- Android security patch 2021.03
- Alarm Clock bug fixes.
- Various bug fixes for smooth file transfer.
Android 11 is now live for Nokia 8.1 and Nokia 2.3
HMD Global is set to roll out Android 11 for two of its devices, Nokia 8.1and Nokia 2.3
Nokia 8.1 smartphones in Bangladesh, Hong Kong, India, Malaysia, Nepal, Singapore, Vietnam, Macau, and Philippines have started receiving the first phase update. According to the officials, the update will reach every Nokia 8.1 device in the mentioned locations by 12th April.
For Nokia 2.3, the update is up and running for the locations that include
Bangladesh, Cambodia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Hong Kong, Iceland, Latvia, Laos, Lithuania, Macau, Malaysia, Nepal, Norway, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Sweden, and Vietnam. However, the dates for 100% roll-out are similar to that of Nokia 8.1
Oppo Color OS 11 in Near Sight: List of Supported Devices and Release Dates
Oppo is set to roll out the latest Color OS 11 update across various devices by April. According to official sources, the Color OS 11 beta will start its roll-out process from 13th April on the Reno Z devices of UAE and Saudi Arabia. India and Indonesia shall follow it with their A5 2020 and A9 2020 devices.
Oppo has also announced to launch the official Color OS 11 stable version for A91 in Indonesia by 9th April. While in India, the Oppo Reno 2Z shall get its official stable update from 14th April. Devices from other countries are expected to receive the official updates from 21st April 2021.
Here is the list of devices from Oppo that shall receive the updates of Color OS 11 by April 2021
- Find X2
- Find X2 Pro
- Find X2 Pro Automobile Lamborghini Edition
- Find X2 Lite'
- Find X2 Neo
- Reno 4 F/4 Pro
- Reno3 4G/ Pro 5G/ Pro 4G
- Reno 3 4G
- Reno3 Pro 4G
- Reno3 Pro 5G
- Reno 10x Zoom
- Reno 2 Z
- F11/F11 Pro/F11 Pro Marvels Avengers Limited Edition
RealMe 8 Gets its Second Software Update
After weeks of getting launched, the Real Me 8 is receiving its second software update in April 2021. Besides a few optimizations in the touch and power section, the latest firmware with version number RMX3085_11_A.08 focuses primarily on camera enhancements.
Features and Improvements:
- Introducing Starry Mode
- Resolved Noise Issues within the Photo Mode of the Rear Camera and other third-party camera applications
- Optimized image quality for the 64 MP Camera
- Optimized Image Quality for Front Camera
- Rear camera optimizations for temperature and color saturation
- Front camera optimizations for reducing oversaturation at specific points
- Enhanced Night Mode with optimized color and brightness
- Resolved touch issues with a few bug fixes.
- Optimized power consumption for better battery life
RealMe 8 Pro Gets Its Security Sorted
The second software update rolled out for RealMe 8 Pro recently with a new firmware version RMX3081_11_A_27. The recent update has seen improvements in the camera performance and the device's security getting sorted with the latest April patches.
Features and Improvements:
- Security Patch April 2021
- Resolved flicker issue that occurred while shooting photos with the rear camera
- Resolved color shifts
- Introduction of the latest Hyper motion SLO-MO mode
- Updated Watermark fonts and style
- Vo-Wi-Fi support extended for Vi network carriers (India)
- Bug fixes during status bar swipes
- Other fixes
Android 11 is up and running for Motorola One Hyper
Motorola has started sending Android 11 updates across its various smartphones. It is time for the last year launched One Hyper to get polished with new software.
Motorola One Hyper units in Brazil have started receiving Android 11 updates at the initial level. It is hoped to get global access real soon. With inbuilt security updates of March 2021, the version RPF31 Q1-21-20 comes with the following features.
Features and Improvements:
- Optimized OS
- Improved animations
- Optimized Moto Gametime
- Enhanced Moto Audio
Moto G 5G Plus Gears Itself up with Android 11
Good news for Moto G 5G users in Brazil, the latest Android 11 is ready to get started with. Launched in the summer of 2020, the smartphone is getting its over-the-air update with built number RPN31.Q4U-37-27-5 from the very last week of March.
Although the Brazilian units are still receiving the updates, it is expected to hit the global stage soon.
Stable MIUI 12.5 Updates Live for Chinese Variants of Mi 10 and Mi 10 Pro
Xiaomi has started rolling out the latest stable version of its OS, MIUI 12.5, for the Mi 10 and Mi 10 Pro users in China. The firmware versions V126.96.36.199.RJBCNXM and V188.8.131.52.RJACNXM respectively for Mi 10 and Mi 10 Pro weighs around 4GB in size.
The Android 11 featured firmware comes with the latest March 2021 security patch for both devices. Although the newest MIUI is exclusive for users in China, it is expected to get a global launch sooner.
Key Features and Improvements:
- An improved aesthetic and visual experience
- Enhanced transition effects
- Boosted memory usage for a smoother experience
- Up 25% lesser power consumption for better battery life
- Security Patch March 2021
Mi Smart Band 6
The Mi Smart Band 6 from Xiaomi Gets Even Smarter
Xiaomi rolled up the latest software update for its newly launched Smart Band 6. The update showcases excellent features that include tracking down breathing quality while the user is in sleep.
The device was initially launched with a SpO2 sensor capable of measuring the oxygen level in blood. But with this latest update, Xiaomi is sure to take the usability of Smart Band 6 to the next level.
Key Features and Improvements:
- Monitoring the sleep breathing quality
- Fixed bugs
- Optimized user experience
- The latest April 2021 security patch rolls out for Samsung Galaxy S20, Galaxy A71, Galaxy Note 10 Lite, and Galaxy Note 20 Ultra.
- Samsung Galaxy A51 and Galaxy F41 see the latest software updates.
- OnePlus launched software updates for fixing bugs in its 9 series smartphones.
- OnePlus 8 series get Oxygen OS 11 with security updates and various camera improvements.
- Android 11 is finally available for Nokia 8.1 and Nokia 2.3
- Oppo is set to launch the latest Android 11 featured Color OS for multiple devices.
- Real Me 8 and Real Me 8 Pro gets the latest software updates.
- Motorola One Hyper and Motorola Moto G 5G Plus are ready to run Android 11.
- MIUI 12.5 is out for the Chinese variants of Xiaomi Mi 10 and Mi 10 Pro.
- Mi Smart Band 6 can now monitor the quality of how you breathe while sleeping.
This wraps up the essential firmware news for the week; next week is already building up to more great firmware updates. Make sure you stick to us and keep yourself updated with the latest tech news around the globe.
If you think we missed considering any device, feel free to let us know in the comment section below.