The second week of July is here, and major OEMs are pushing out a bunch of software updates for their smartphones. This week, we've also got some major overhauls in the works from Google too, which is updating the Google Play System. This particular update will affect all Android devices, which is why we have covered it in detail.
Apart from that, Samsung users will be happy to see a slew of OTA updates floating their way, along with Nokia, Xiaomi, and OnePlus users too, so go ahead and find out if you've got an update coming in too:
Devices Lined Up for Today
Google Play System Update
Note 10 Plus, Galaxy M12, Galaxy M01, and Galaxy A52 5G
OnePlus Nord CE 2
LG V50 ThinkQ 5G
Google has begun pushing out the most recent Google Play System upgrade after last week's rollout of the July 2022 Android security patches to Pixel smartphones. The new version includes a number of Google Play Store upgrades, a rebranded Google Wallet, new APIs to aid developers in creating seamless cross-platform experiences, and more.
The Google Play System update for July 2022 adds enhancements to the Play-as-you-download feature for the Play Store, new features to aid users in discovering apps and games, improvements to app download and installation, and new features for the Play Pass and Play Points initiatives, according to the updated support page. The update also has the Google Wallet makeover, which Google unveiled at this year's I/O. For a complete list of changes, see the changelog below.
- Account Management
- [Phone] The section headers in the Data & Privacy tab of the Google account settings have a new appearance.
- Device Connectivity
- [Phone] APIs for developers to build seamless multi-device experiences.
- Google Play Store
- Improvements to Play-as-you-download feature to let gamers start playing mobile games while the app download continues to reduce waiting times.
- New Features to help you discover the Apps & Games you love.
- Optimizations allowing faster and more reliable download and installation.
- New features to the Play Pass and Play Points programs.
- Enhancements to Google Play Billing.
- Continuous improvements to Play Protect to keep your device safe.
- Various performance optimizations, bug fixes and improvements to security, stability and accessibility.
- [Phone] Provide an ability to filter the data plans available to purchase by various categories received from the Carrier.
- [Phone] Updates user experience to latest Google Material design, rebrands as “Google Wallet”.
- Developer Services
- New developer features for Google and third party app developers to support Maps related developer services in their apps.
Users will begin receiving the Data & Privacy tab design updates, the Wallet redesign, and the data plan filters with Google Play services v22.22, while Play Store enhancements and adjustments will start appearing with Google Play Store v31.1. Last but not least, Google Play Services v22.26 will see the rollout of the new developer capabilities that deliver Maps-related developer services to third-party apps.
Galaxy Note 10 gets July 2022 security patch in the US
Users of the Galaxy Note 10 in the USA are in for a treat: the current July 2022 software patch has finally been released in a new update for US variants of Samsung's Galaxy Note 10 series handsets. Both carrier-owned and unlocked phones in the US can now get the update, which includes some improvements for stability and security problems.
The latest update has two software versions: one for carrier-locked phones (version number N97xUSQS5GVF4) and one for unlocked Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10 Plus models (version number N97xU1UES7HVF4). The Note 10 phones, which were released in 2019, have cutting-edge specifications and use Qualcomm's Snapdragon 855 chipset (with the Exynos 9825 version in other regions).
Last Major update for the Galaxy M01 in the form of Android 12
The Samsung Galaxy M01 entry-level smartphone from 2020 now has Android 12. OneUI 4.0 and the security patch for June 2022 are included in the firmware, M015GXXU4CVF6. Although this isn't the fully-fledged OneUI found on Samsung's more costly devices, it does offer a significant cosmetic upgrade over the Galaxy M01's current version of Android 11.
Indian users can currently access the update and should arrive in other areas in the coming weeks. The most recent significant update for the Samsung Galaxy M01 is Android 12. The Galaxy M01, which debuted in June 2020 with Android 10, has undergone only this one OS upgrade. However, Samsung will keep sending the device security patch updates.
Android 12 with OneUI 4.1 for Galaxy M12 in Vietnam
The Galaxy M12 now has the Android 12 update from Samsung. The upgrade has already been made available in Vietnam, but it might soon spread to other areas. The June 2022 security patch, which addresses over 60 privacy and security flaws, is also included in the updated software.
The firmware version for the Galaxy M12's One UI 4.1 upgrade, which runs on Android 12, is M127FXXU3BVF8. By going to Settings » Software update and selecting Download and Install, Galaxy M12 users in Vietnam can download the Android 12 upgrade. You can also manually flash the new firmware by downloading the file from our firmware database.
July 2022 Security Update Out for Galaxy A52 5G
The Galaxy A52 5G has received the July 2022 security update from Samsung. The updated software is currently accessible in European nations, and it will soon be available in all other markets.
The latest firmware for the Galaxy A52 5G is version A526BXXU1CVG2. The update includes the July 2022 security patch, which addresses more than 50 security vulnerabilities. Austria, Bulgaria, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, the Nordic nations, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Switzerland, the Baltic region, the Czech Republic, the Netherlands, and the United Kingdom all have access to the updated software version.
Android 12 Beta out for OnePlus Nord CE 2
The Nord CE 2 is OnePlus' most recent mid-range smartphone, and while it appears to have outstanding specs, it has one drawback: Android 11. Even though it debuted earlier this year, OnePlus chose Android 11 over the most recent iteration of Google's operating system.
Many people may have considered the absence of Android 12 to be a deal-breaker, but that is about to change as OnePlus is now releasing the first OxygenOS 12 Open Beta, which is based on Android 12. The following improvements are part of the upgrade, which is exclusively available for OnePlus Nord 2 CE devices running OxygenOS 12:
- Optimized desktop icons with improved textures, by using a design inspired by brand-new materials and uniting lights and layers
- Optimized AI System Booster to 2.1 to support the system to run smoothly even when the load is high
- Optimized software algorithm and improved face recognition to better identify the features and skin color of different figures
- Newly added three adjustable levels, bringing a more personalized and comfortable user experience
- Newly added style options for Cards, making data contents more visual and easier to read
- Newly added access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, allowing you to search multiple contents on your phone, including Apps, Settings, Media Data, etc
- Newly added OnePlus Watch Card in Shelf, to easily glance at your health status
Work Life Balance
- Newly added Work Life Balance feature, allowing you to effortlessly switch between Work and Life mode via quick settings
- Newly supported automatic Work/Life mode switching, based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network, and time, also bringing customized App notification profiles according to the personalization
- Newly supported switching between different layouts with a two-finger pinch gesture, intelligently recognizing the best-quality pictures, and cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more pleasing
- Newly added diverse styles of lines and colors, for a more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring visuals
- Newly added multiple brushes and strokes and support for color adjustment
The Nokia G21, a cost-effective smartphone with a novel camera module architecture, has begun to receive the new Android 11 Build upgrade. The 1.86 GB update V1.410 should make the phone speedier and more dependable.
Here in Croatia, users are able to access the update, and users in Serbia are also receiving it. With the June security patch, the customary UI and system changes are being made. The update was rather quick to install, and I can tell that it made the phone more responsive. The haptic feedback motor appears to be functioning better, and double tapping the screen to wake it now works properly. After all, this upgrade is a huge improvement because the camera output is now more reliable.
Although LG's mobile division may no longer exist, it still has some devices alive. It is making very little progress on its commitment to update some of them to Android 12 this year. Today, the LG V50 ThinQ 5G began receiving the Android 12 upgrade, following the Velvet and the V60 ThinQ. By the end of June, this update was expected to be released, however, there was a small delay.
At this point, Android 13 may be just around the corner, but it's still admirable to see a corporation that left the mobile game remember its former fans. The V50 ThinQ 5G was introduced in April 2019, and Verizon devices are presently receiving the Android 12 update in the United States
After over two years on the market, the Xiaomi Mi 10T Pro and non-Pro are still extremely good phones, but the next MIUI 13.5 may be the last significant official software upgrade for them. However, it is encouraging to see that Xiaomi is now updating these phones at least once a month after a lengthy gap of over a month between updates. Now is the right time to release MIUI 13.0.8.
The new update, which is 265 MB in size, became available for my phone yesterday evening. The screenshots show that there isn't much to say about it. The patch updates the phone's software to 220.127.116.11 because the label conforms to the prior pattern. The Android version of SJDEUXM is the same as earlier, being 12 SKQ1.211006.001. The security patch date now says July 1, 2022.
That's all we've got for you this week! Be sure to let us know if you have an update coming in for your smartphone that we may have missed out on covering.
Similar / posts
July 15th, 2022
Updated on July 26th, 2022
July 15th, 2022
Updated on July 26th, 2022
July 15th, 2022
Updated on July 26th, 2022