Nvidia Shield Tablet K1 is a device specially designed for mobile gamers and PC gamers alike. And owners of the device can finally have more reasons to smile as NVIDIA has just revealed that an download for the update has been made available, which is intended to boost users’ experience.
The update termed as Software Upgrade 1.2 will update the version of the Android OS to a Marshmallow 6.0.1. The Shield Tablet device was initially updated to Android 6.0 Marshmallow late last year, and with this new update is expected to get a bunch of improvements such as a down-state manager and an optimized Doze mode for better battery management.
Along with the Android 6.0.1 features, the upgrade also bundles a wide variety of new functionalities, including:
- Landscape mode with newly positioned navigation buttons
- Lasso Capture icons repositioned in landscape mode
- Updated Emojis
- Ability to launch the SHIELD Camera app by double tapping the Power Button
- Do Not Disturb Until Next Alarm
- Vulkan™ API support, for added efficiency in the accessibility of SHIELD’s graphics hardware
- Support for USB MIDI
- Added tweaks to memory compression
- Better connection to Wi-Fi after waking from sleep
On top of these new features, it also incorporates fixes for the following issues
- Compass functionality
- Issues with the Gamepad Mapper
- App transfer to SD card issues
- Issue with Doom 3 HDMI output
Moreover this major update will provide an overall stability of NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet K1 as well as enhanced security. Also expect to see Android 6.0 Security Patch Level bumped to March 1, 2016.
The update should hit your gaming device in the next couple of days or weeks, so sit tight. You can still check if the OTA update is already available on your SHIELD Tablet K1, by heading into the Settings >> About Device and then tapping Check for Updates tab.
LATEST FROM YOUTUBE: