The previous update included a few more changes but we can still assume that things are better now. We cannot say for sure what caused the update to get stopped, but the most common reason is usually a security threat. This can easily be the case here. The new update has baseband version I537UCUCNN3 and build number KOT49H.I537UCUCNE3. If you haven't already updated your Galaxy S4 Active with this version there are 2 possibilities. The first is that you previously got the first attempt of the Android 4.4.2 update so now you only have to wait for the small 67MB OTA; or the second possibility is that you will receive Android 4.4.2 for the first time now and you have to install a big package of around 841 MB. Let us know how things are with the new update if you manage to install it!
- Android 4.4 OS upgrade (http://www.android.com/versions/kit-kat-4-4/)
- Copy and paste improvements
- Easier to insert pictures and videos in email or messages
- Camera app accessibility from the lock screen
- Call reliability improvements
One of the things I know for sure in the Android world, is that people are crazy about software updates. Even the most standard small bug fixing update will create a real buzz in the 'androidsphere'. So here comes the story of the Android 4.4.2 update for the AT&T Galaxy S4 Active which was released a few weeks ago, but however stopped after only a few days leaving users with only the explanation that 'we are looking into potential improvements'. After all that waiting, the update was finally resumed a few days ago. The changelog looks like this:
What's my model number?
There are several ways to locate your model number:
- Option 1
- On your device, go to Settings, then "About device" and scroll down to "Model number"
- Option 2
- Often times you can view the model number inside the device, by removing the battery
- Option 3
- Using Samsung's model/serial number location tool