The release of Android 4.4 KitKat for US carriers continues. AT&T released the update today for all its Samsung Galaxy S3 users. The new firmware uses build number I747UCUFNE4 and it should be available as an OTA update or by Samsung Kies starting today, June 19.
The official AT&T changelog for Android 4.4 KitKat is the following:
- Android OS Version upgraded to 4.4.2
- New Lock Screen Access
- Media Controls – full-screen album art and media controls when listening to music
- Camera Shortcut – access the Camera application right from the lock screen
- SMS App Chooser – select a default application for sending and receiving SMS text messages
- Restyled Status and Navigation Bars – status and navigation bars are translucent and can sit on top of apps, along with simplified status bar icons
- AT&T Drive Mode is changed to DriveMode
- “Beat Music” Pre-loaded
- Video player closed captioning Settings > My device > Accessibility > Google subtitles (CC) and Samsung subtitles (CC)
- Unified Location Menu: Settings > More > Location Location Settings is same as Location service in JBP. User can set the Locating method and check the recent location requests
- Expanded Emoji Icons
- Wireless Printing is added. You can add printing support to your apps or develop print services to support specific types of printers. Apps > Settings > Connections > More networks > Printing
- Prevention Information pop-up message is suppressed.
- Copy & paste improvements
- Email allows inline editing
- Phone/Dialer user interface enhancements
- Settings changes
- Bluetooth enhancements
- Immersive mode addition
- Keyboard enhancements
- HCE (Host card emulation) Enabled
- UICC (Universal Integrated Circuit Card ) is set as default
- GMS apps update (GMS 4.4.2_r2).
To check for the update, go to Settings > More > About device > Software update > Check for updates.
Meanwhile, the International version of the Galaxy S3 is still in the dark for the 4.4 update. Only the LTE version (GT-I9305) is expected to receive KitKat in the following period.
LATEST FROM YOUTUBE: