Android Marshmallow OS update has begun rolling out across all Nexus 5 carriers. The Android Marshmallow update which first rolled out for the Nexus 5 in October, is currently happening in phases, with different carriers set to receive their update at differing times. The most outstanding features of this new Marshmallow OS update include a Doze mode setting, that allows you save your battery power, and the OK Google Tap, which allows you to access relevant search results depending on what is currently on your phone’s screen.
The build number for the updated Android 6.0 Marshmallow for Nexus 5 is MRA58N. If you haven’t received the over-the-air update of the Android Marshmallow update or you are a bit impatient, Google has released factory images
for manual download and installation.
Follow this steps to ensure you install the image safely.
- Download ADB Tools zip file.
- Download the Nexus 5 Android Marshmallow firmware and place it in the ADB Tools folder.
- Unlock your device’s bootloader.
- Enable USB Debugging.
- Have the necessary Google Drivers installed on your PC.
Android 6.0 Marshmallow Installation on your Nexus 5
- Switch off your Nexus 5 device.
- Hold down the Power and Volume Down to start up your Nexus 5 into the bootloader mode.
- Mount your Nexus 5 to your PC using a USB cable.
- Launch a Windows Explorer window and navigate to the downloaded firmware in the ADB Tools file.
- Click twice on the flash-all.bat file and it will begin the process.
The Nexus 5 will automatically reboot and should have started to run on Android Marshmallow.