Latest Android version update – Google always comes firstApart from top of the line hardware and brilliant build quality, the reason people flock to buy Pixel/Nexus devices is the software. Not only do Pixel devices come with smooth and buttery stock Android, but the guarantee of enjoying preferential treatment for the next few years in terms of software updates and optimizations. When Google rolls out a new version of Android each year, the first users who get to try it out are naturally Pixel and Nexus users. With the release of Android 8.0 in August, Google Pixel and Nexus devices were the first in line to be updated. In fact, the Android Beta Program allows certain users to test out the latest Android version update way ahead of release. As of now, Google has already rolled out Android Oreo for the following devices, while the Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL came with Android 8.0 right out of the box.
- Google Pixel – Download Factory and OTA files here.
- Google Pixel XL – Download Factory and OTA files here.
- Google Pixel C – Download Factory and OTA files here.
- Nexus 6P – Download Factory and OTA files here.
- Nexus 5X – Download Factory and OTA files here.
- Nexus Player – Download Factory and OTA files here.
When will I get the Android 8.0 Oreo update?Once Android 8.0 Oreo was publicly unveiled on 21 August, Google gave out the resources to Android Open Source Project (AOSP). This allows Android OEM manufacturers to not only recreate the software for specific devices but make changes necessary for certain regions and network carriers. The software is then rolled out the end-users which are months later than the original release date at the least. Google has already highlighted manufacturers that are working on Android Oreo for their existing devices or releasing devices that will run it right out of the box. “We’ve also been working closely with our partners, and by the end of this year, hardware makers including Essential, General Mobile, HMD Global Home of Nokia Phones, Huawei, HTC, Kyocera, LG, Motorola, OnePlus, Samsung, Sharp, and Sony are scheduled to launch or upgrade devices to Android 8.0 Oreo.” To the credit of the manufacturers, the latest Android version update is rolled out much faster than they were in the past. So despite the wait time, if you own a flagship Android device or at least a premium one that isn’t out of the two-year update cycle, chances are you can expect Android 8.0 Oreo to come your way slowly, but surely.
Samsung Android 8.0 Oreo update scheduleBeing the largest Android OEM in terms of the sheer number of devices, Samsung has a hard time keeping the ball rolling when the OS upgrade season comes around. Since the Galaxy devices are known for their unique user interface, the company is planning to design Samsung Experience 9.0 based on Android 8.0 for all its latest and upcoming devices. When it comes to rolling out the latest Android version update, the flagship Galaxy devices always come first for Samsung. So all the Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus owners can skip the long queue and get their hands on Android 8.0 the earliest. In fact, Samsung has already begun signing up users from South Korea, the United States, and the United Kingdom to join the Android Oreo beta program. If you live in one of the regions listed above, you can join the beta program and get Android 8.0 beta running on your flagship phone before the rest of us. Simply install the Samsung Members or the Samsung+ app on your Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus device and enroll yourself before the signup window closes. While Samsung has not made an official statement as to which Galaxy devices from the current lineup will get updated, we’ve looked up their track record. Here’s a list of all the Galaxy devices that we can say for certain will be updated to Android 8.0 Oreo in the coming months.
- Galaxy S8 – Android 8.0 update expected early 2018, beta test already begun.
- Galaxy S8+ – Android 8.0 update expected early 2018, beta test already begun.
- Galaxy S8 Active – Android 8.0 will be the first software update since release.
- Galaxy Note 8 – Update expected early 2018, Android 8.0 will be the first software update since release.
- Galaxy Note FE – Android 8.0 Oreo will be the first software update since release.
- Galaxy S7 – Android 8.0 will be the second and final major software update.
- Galaxy S7 Edge – Android 8.0 will be the second and final major software update.
- Galaxy S7 Active – Android 8.0 Oreo will be the second and final major software update.
- Galaxy A7 (2017) – Android 8.0 will be the second and final major software update.
- Galaxy A5 (2017) – Android Oreo will be the second and final major software update.
- Galaxy A3 (2017) – Android 8.0 will be the second and final major software update.
- Galaxy J7 (2017)/Pro – J7 models expected to get at least one major software upgrade.
- Galaxy J5 (2017)/Pro – J5 models expected to get at least one major software upgrade.
- Galaxy J7 Max – Android 8.0 will be the first major software update since release.
- Galaxy C9 Pro – Android 8.0 Oreo will be the first major software update since release.
- Galaxy C7 Pro – Android 8.0 will be the first major software update since release.
- Galaxy Tab S3 – Being flagship tablet is expected to receive 2 major software updates.
Sony Android 8.0 Oreo update scheduleWhile the Japanese tech giant may not have the same Android market share it once did, the brand has managed to stay afloat by pleasing its loyal following. With a track record of releasing major Android updates fairly quickly, Sony stepped up the game this year with Xperia XZ1 and Xperia XZ1 Compact that run Android Oreo right out of the box. But that’s not it, after making an early promise after Android 8.0 was unveiled, Sony also became the first Android OEM to roll out a stable update with Xperia XZ Premium. Apart from these three devices that are already running Oreo, Sony has unveiled a list of other Xperia devices that will be joining the ranks.
- Xperia XZ1 – Android 8.0 Oreo right out of the box
- Xperia XZ1 Dual SIM – Android 8.0 Oreo right out of the box.
- Xperia XZ1 Compact – Android 8.0 Oreo right out of the box.
- Xperia XZ Premium – Android 8.0 update already rolling out.
- Xperia XZ Premium Dual SIM – Android 8.0 update already rolling out.
- Xperia XZ
- Xperia XZs
- Xperia XA1 Plus
- Xperia XA1
- Xperia XA1 Ultra
- Xperia X Performance
- Xperia X Compact
- Xperia X
- Xperia Touch
LG Android 8.0 Oreo update scheduleDespite Google acknowledging that the South Korean company is working on bringing Android Oreo updates, LG is yet to release an official statement. The LG V30 is the latest gem from the brand and despite being released with Nougat instead, it will most likely be the first LG device to get the latest Android version update, since the beta is already out in South Korea. Considering their impressive rollout rate in the past, all of the current generation LG devices that are within the update timeframe can expect a rollout within months. The flagship series smartphones like the LG G5 and this year’s LG G6 will also subsequently receive the Android 8.0 update, and will most likely land by the end of 2018.
- LG V30 – Expected before 2018, preview already rolling out.
- LG G6 – Expected before 2018, spotted in Benchmark tests.
- LG V20
- LG G5
HTC Android 8.0 Oreo update scheduleA brand that builds the mighty Pixel for Google has managed to keep its chin up and create great Android devices by itself as well. What is more impressive it HTC’s track record in delivering updates quicker than most, but faced some slack last year when it had to shut down the Nougat update rollout due to software issues. The Taiwanese tech giant has come forward to announce that the current set of premium smartphones will be receiving Android 8.0 update. Apart from giving the last big bump to the HTC 10 from 2016, the current U series of smartphones are all expected to get the latest software update from Android.
- HTC U11+ – Comes with Android 8.0 right out of the box.
- HTC U11 Life – Comes with Android 8.0 Oreo right out of the box.
- HTC U11 – Android 8.0 update expected before 2018.
- HTC U Ultra – Android Oreo update expected before 2018.
- HTC 10 – Second and final major software update expected early 2018.
Motorola Android 8.0 Oreo update scheduleAfter being juggled between tech companies all over, Motorola under Lenovo’s wing has once again become a respectable name in the world of mobile devices. This praise comes in part due to their next-to-stock Android experience and impressive update cycles that brings the latest and greatest of Android to almost all of their devices. In case of the latest Android version update, Motorola is already on top of their game by officially announcing updates for all its current devices.
- Moto Z
- Moto Z Droid
- Moto Z Force Droid
- Moto Z Play
- Moto Z Play Droid
- Moto Z2 Play
- Moto Z2 Force Edition
- Moto X4
- Moto G5
- Moto G5 Plus
- Moto G5S
- Moto G5S Plus
OnePlus Android 8.0 Oreo update scheduleBeing a newer presence in the tech scene, OnePlus has struggled right since the beginning in offering stable software updates. But what the brand lacks in experience, it makes up in customer support with frequent regulatory software updates and an ongoing Open Beta program. OnePlus has only three Android devices currently in its arsenal, all of them have been announced to receive Android Oreo update. In fact, the OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T owners who are a part of the OxygenOS Open Beta program are already enjoying Android 8.0 on their devices.
- OnePlus 5 – Android 8.0 expected with Open Beta update.
- OnePlus 3/3T – Android 8.0 already rolling out through Open Beta program.
Nokia Android 8.0 Oreo update scheduleThe parent company HMD Global may be a newbie in the mobile world, but the Nokia brand is a veteran in the game. Now flying the colors of Android, Nokia is off to a flying start this year with four Android devices to accommodate different users at the varying price range. HMD Global was quick to guarantee major software updates for all of its current devices, including even the humbling mid-ranged Nokia 5 and Nokia 3 devices. The flagship device from the company, Nokia 8 is in line to get Android 8.0 Oreo first and has already been in the testing phase for more than a month now.
- Nokia 8 – Android 8.0 confirmed with Nokia Beta Labs program running already.
- Nokia 6
- Nokia 5
- Nokia 3
Similar / posts
September 13 2019
September 09 2019
September 06 2019