As the official release date for Android 4.3 narrows in, we are starting to see more and more test firmware leaks provided by certain developers that have inside access to them. This time, developer DesignGears has posted on his Twitter account several test firmwares for the following AT&T devices: Galaxy S III (SGH-I747), Galaxy Note II (SGH-I317), Galaxy S4 (SGH-I337) and Galaxy S4 Active (SGH-I537).
While you cannot install these firmwares on other devices except for the AT&T branded ones, it does give us a preview on what’s going to be included in the update and also it indicates that the official update is getting closer.
This is what we know it is new in Android 4.3:
- Added Galaxy Gear support
- Added Samsung KNOX and Samsung Wallet
- Updates TouchWiz, much smoother and less lag on the launcher.
- New Samsung Keyboard and Browser
- Added Reading Mode, allowing you to have a better reading experience on some apps
- Updated camera app
- TRIM support, a feature that makes the device faster
- Major overall system improvements that lead to a better user experience and device performance
- Some User Interface modifications.
If you have an AT&T device and you are interested in using any of these firmwares, go ahead and visit the official Xda Forum Thread where you can find the download link and some instructions and user comments:
AT&T Galaxy S3 I747 -Android 4.3
– Official Xda Thread for firmware I747UCUEMJ2
AT&T Galaxy Note 2 I317 – Android 4.3
– Official Xda Thread for firmware I317UCUBMJ4
AT&T Galaxy S4 I337 – Android 4.3
– Official Xda Thread for firmware I337UCUEMJ6
AT&T Galaxy S4 Active I537 – Android 4.3
– Official Xda Thread for firmware I537UCUBMI2
LATEST FROM YOUTUBE: