What is the Google two-step verification?Basically, the two-step verification activation on your Google account, will need the entering of a password as well as a secret code that will be sent to your phone either through a call, text or an authenticator app. The use of two steps to verify if you are the real owner of an account, boosts the account’s security. Before you can begin the step towards enabling the two-step verification, first ensure that you change your current Google password, if you haven’t done so already.
How to activate two-step verification within the Google Authenticator app
- Launch the Google Chrome web browser on your desktop computer.
- Into the address bar, type in g.co/2sv.
- Enter your password, on the page that follows.
- Click on the Sign In tab.
- Under 2-step Verification, Select Off.
- Click TURN ON.
- Enter your password, then click on Sign In.
- Tap on the drop down flag menu, then proceed to choose your country.
- Enter your mobile phone number.
- From the options, choose either Text message or Phone call.
- Click on the TRY IT button. You will receive your code via a text message or phone call, depending on the mode you chose.
- Enter the received code in the space provided for it on the web page on your browser.
- Click on NEXT.
- Click on TURN ON.
Enabling your Google Authenticator app for the account on your AndroidTo get started simply click on the following link.
- Tap on the Next tab.
- Tap the Switch to app button.
- Tap on Android.
- Tap Continue. A barcode will appear on your desktop’s screen. Ensure that the barcode remains on your browser's screen, as you proceed with the following steps.
- Go to your Android phone and launch the Play Store.
- On the search bar, key in Google Authenticator.
- Hit the Search icon.
- In the search results that appear, select the Google Authenticator app by Google Inc.
- Hit the INSTALL tab.
- Hit the ACCEPT button.
- Once the app download is complete, tap the OPEN button.
- On the page that launches, tap on BEGIN SETUP.
- Select the Scan a barcode option.
- Using your phone, scan the barcode displayed on the screen of your computer.
- Hit Open browser.
- Tap on OK.
Similar / posts
June 30th, 2020
June 9th, 2020
June 4th, 2020