- Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow)
- Exercise greater control over app permissions
- Experience enhanced battery-life through Doze
- Redesigned App Drawer
- Bug fixes
- Stability improvements
With Android Nougat testing under way, Samsung is making sure to fulfill its commitment to the older devices. One such promise is Android Marshmallow for Galaxy J5 smartphone, which comes more than a year after the device’s release. Starting from the unlocked variant, Android Marshmallow for Galaxy J5 is currently rolling out for devices in the Netherlands. Running on the updated firmware XXU1BPI3, the international J5 variant should swiftly follow in the coming weeks. Apart from the best of Android 6.0 such as UI enhancement, performance upgrades and more, the Galaxy J5 is also updated with the September security patch from Google. Below is the official changelog of Android Marshmallow for Galaxy J5:
What's my model number?
There are several ways to locate your model number:
- Option 1
- On your device, go to Settings, then "About device" and scroll down to "Model number"
- Option 2
- Often times you can view the model number inside the device, by removing the battery
- Option 3
- Using Samsung's model/serial number location tool