But now we have a date. On March 31, the trial between the two companies will start. Judge Lucy Koh decided last year that both organisations should limit their number of patents and products that needed to be seen by the jury to 5. Today the two narrowed lists were submitted to the judge. Apple has 5 claims and Samsung just 4. After the September narrowing, Apple and Samsung should choose only one claim per patent, so here there are:
- U.S. Patent No. 7,756,087: claim 10 (non-scheduled transmission over enhanced uplink data channel; declaration of standard-essentiality to ETSI in May 2006)
- U.S. Patent No. 7,551,596: claim 13 (signaling control information of uplink packet data service; declaration of standard-essentiality to ETSI in May 2010)
- U.S. Patent No. 6,226,449: claim 27 (recording and reproducing digital image and speech)
- U.S. Patent No. 5,579,239: claims 1 and 15 (remote video transmission system)
DID YOU KNOW? Updato offers seamless and guaranteed phone unlocking for any device, carrier and region! It's quick and easy - try it now.
- U.S. Patent No. 5,946,647: claim 9 (“data tapping” patent)
- U.S. Patent No. 6,847,959: claim 25 (Siri-style unified-search patent)
- U.S. Patent No. 7,761,414: claim 20 (asynchronous data synchronization)
- U.S. Patent No. 8,046,721: claim 8 (slide-to-unlock image)
- U.S. Patent No. 8,074,172: claim 18 (auto-complete)
Per total, Apple is accusing a total of 10 Samsung devices,which includes Galaxy Note I and II, Galaxy S III or Galaxy Tab 2. In the same time, Samsung is accusing iPhone 4, 4 S, 5 and iPad 2,3,4, mini and touch.
Who will pay for it’s claims? and will win the trial? We will present live all the data beginning with March 31.
LATEST FROM YOUTUBE:
Similar / posts
Weekly news roundup [07/20/18]: Android Go variant of the Moto E5 Play comes out, Samsung breaks yet another record, and more
July 20 2018
Android firmware update roundup [07/16/18]: HTC update brings improvements, Huawei P9 may receive Android Oreo, and more
July 16 2018