We recently reported how Samsung is trying to cripple the Galaxy Note 7 in Europe with the latest update. Moving forward on its plan to force users to return their devices for good, Samsung is planning to roll out the latest Galaxy Note 7 update in the United States.

However, unlike the update for Europe that limits the battery charging to 30 percent, this update is aimed towards disabling the Galaxy Note 7 device entirely. While 93 percent of the devices sold in the United States have already been returned, Samsung is trying its best to get back the remaining 7 percent before the holiday season.

The update is expected to live across the U.S.A. on December 19, and is going to “prevent U.S. Galaxy Note7 devices from charging and will eliminate their ability to work as mobile devices.” Samsung is also working closely with carriers such as Sprint, T-Mobile and AT&T to release the latest Galaxy Note 7 update, but Verizon will not be taking a part in this.

Side Note: If you’re enjoying this article, you may want to subscribe to our YouTube channel; we do giveaways, hands-on product reviews, feature top tech, and much more!

“We will not push a software upgrade that will eliminate the ability for the Note7 to work as a mobile device in the heart of the holiday travel season. We do not want to make it impossible to contact family, first responders or medical professionals in an emergency situation,”

Hence, Verizon users will be able to use the partially crippled Galaxy Note 7 devices for now. If you are among the users who are expecting the latest Galaxy Note 7 update, we urge you to return your device for an exchange or refund right away.


Source: FeedMaza

View Comments


unlock your phone

Easily and safely unlock your phone for any network provider in just minutes.

Get Started

LATEST FROM YOUTUBE:

What's my model number?

There are several ways to locate your model number:

Option 1
On your device, go to Settings, then "About device" and scroll down to "Model number"
Option 2
Often times you can view the model number inside the device, by removing the battery
Option 3
Using Samsung's model/serial number location tool

Looks like you're using an ad blocker.

We get it: ads aren't what you're here for...

But ad revenue is our only way to manage this site. Without ad revenue we won't be able to continue to provide quality content and free firmware downloads.

Please disable your ad blocker or whitelist Updato.com in order to continue into Updato's ad-light experience.

Thanks for your support!