- Better design — the new Galaxy S6 will highlight a crisp, metallic design, as opposed to the traditional plastic body. This is a significant enhancement that will uplift the appeal of the Samsung Galaxy S6.
- Better software — Samsung has been known to include a lot of unnecessary and seemingly useless apps in its smartphones. These have often gone a long way to increase redundant controls and software load on devices. With the Galaxy S6 though, the company is expected to enhance add-on software installations and make them optional. This will all the same contribute to a better, fluid software experience with the S6.
- Color variety — other than black, we also expect that the Samsung Galaxy S6 will be available in blue-green, dark blue, gold and white color variations. This will enhance the choice-range for users with diverse color preferences.
We’ve all been looking forward to the launch of Sammy’s next flagship device, the Samsung Galaxy S6. Over the last couple of months, we’ve all been keenly looking forward to see this device and what it’ll offer for Android users. The big day is finally close, and we can now confirm that the release date of the Galaxy S6 is set for March 1.On Monday this week, Samsung sent out invitation for a March 1 ‘unpacked’ event, at which we can almost certainly bet it’ll announce the release of the S6 device. Samsung’s Galaxy Series has been widely popular in the marketplace, and evidently one of the reasons why the company commands a significant proportion of the global smartphones market.In the last few years though, the Samsung grip of the global smartphones market has weakened. Competition from cheaper, high quality brands is just one of the reasons behind this.Â For instance, Xiaomi, a Chinese company that produces powerful smartphones and merchandises them at a cheaper price, has greatly contributed to the slicing down of Samsung’s command of the Chinese market. The launch of the Galaxy S6 is seen to be one of the strategies Samsung will use to reclaim its place on the global radar.On the March 1 event, we expect that Sammy will announce the following things about its latest flagship device:
What's my model number?
There are several ways to locate your model number:
- Option 1
- On your device, go to Settings, then "About device" and scroll down to "Model number"
- Option 2
- Often times you can view the model number inside the device, by removing the battery
- Option 3
- Using Samsung's model/serial number location tool