- A 4.5 inch, 1280 x 720 display (vs. the S5's 1920 x 1280)
- 1.4 GHz CPU (vs. 2.5 GHz)
- 1.5 GB of RAM (vs. 2 GB)
- 1.5 GB storage (vs. 16 or 32 GB)
- 8 MP / 2 MP cameras (vs. 16 MP / 2 MP)
- 2100 mAh battery (vs. 2800)
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat
The long-rumored Galaxy S5 Mini has now been officially announced by Samsung. As with all of Samsung's "Mini" models, it isn't just a smaller version of the flagship. Along with reducing the size, Samsung has reduced the specs. Think of it as Ford Focus compared to a Ford Mustang. Not a bad daily driver, but certainly not a performance car.According to Samsung, the phone offers:
What's my model number?
There are several ways to locate your model number:
- Option 1
- On your device, go to Settings, then "About device" and scroll down to "Model number"
- Option 2
- Often times you can view the model number inside the device, by removing the battery
- Option 3
- Using Samsung's model/serial number location tool