As we welcome the second week of April, a number of devices all around the globe have already greeted several new firmware. Which are those devices? What was the update like? Are there any new features? I'll answer all those queries alongside a number of others. All you need to do is stick till the end.
Devices Lined Up for Today
Galaxy Quantum A, Galaxy A52s 5G, S20 FE, A71 5G, M62, S22 Series, Tab Active 3
All the Pixel Devices
OnePlus 10 Pro
Samsung Galaxy A Quantum Gets Android 12 Update
2020 released Samsung Galaxy A Quantum is now getting updated to One UI 4.0 based on Android 12. The new update bags the firmware version A716SKSU4DVC2 and features the usual Android 12 goodies alongside the March 2022 Android security patch
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G, A71 5G, and S20 FE 4G are Getting One UI 4.1 Based Firmware Updates
Samsung is always busy casting something new for its users. While the past few months have been loaded with Android 12 updates, the tide has now changed towards the revamped One UI 4.1
The rollout is now live for multiple regions, including the Exynos and the usual Snapdragon 4G versions. The list of devices influenced by the new firmware comprises the Galaxy S20 FE 4G, Galaxy A71 5G (which is getting bumped directly to One UI 4.1), and the Galaxy A71 5G units sold in the UAE and Korea.
Not just that, a piece of good news for all the Galaxy A52s 5G owners as it is getting One UI 4.1. The update is currently exclusive for the devices in Europe and Korea, and it is expected to follow up with a global release soon.
For all the concerned devices, the update packs March 2022 security patch together with a number of UI and OS goodies.
Samsung Rolls Out A New Update Ft April Security Patch for Galaxy S22 Series
The first week of a new month and finding Samsung launching a new update is nothing new. Carrying the evergreen trend ahead, Samsung has released the latest firmware for the entire Galaxy S22 series. Bagging the version number S90xEXXU1AVCJ, the update weighs somewhere around 1.5 GB.
Currently exclusive for the European market alongside a few regions of North Africa, the Middle East, and also Asia, the new firmware features April build Android security patch. Keep in mind the firmware continues to be based on Android 12 and One UI 4.1 and only sees improvements in the security department.
Android 12 Based One UI 4.1 is Up and Running for Samsung Galaxy M62
The month of April started with a treat for all the Samsung Galaxy M62 users in Saudi Arabia, Indonesia, the UAE, and Brazil. The company has finally released the Android 12 based firmware loaded with amazing goodies and March 2022 security patch. Talking about the update version, the new firmware is tagged as M625FXXU2BVC3.
Samsung Galaxy Tab Active3 Prepares for the Android 12-based One UI 4.1 Update
Samsung has recently released a brand new firmware featuring Android 12 for 2020 launched Galaxy Tab Active3. The new firmware is based on One UI 4.1 and bags a refreshed UI. Alongside the alteration in the overall appearance, the new firmware bags unique features and also the March 2022 Android security patch.
The new version of the firmware is T575XXU3CVD1 and is currently seeding only in Switzerland. Don't worry; the expansion won't take more than a week.
April Fixes for Pixel Are Out
In case you've been following the OEM industry for quite some time now, you'll be aware of the fact that Google rarely misses releasing its latest firmware on the first Monday of every month. Well, nothing new, right? What's new, though, is that this time around, Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro are in the same lot. It means, unlike the usual scene, the owners of the latest Pixel devices won't have to wait for a week or two.
- Device: Pixel 3a (XL), Firmware Version: SP2A.220405.003
- Device: Pixel 4 (XL), Firmware Version: SP2A.220405.003
- Device: Pixel 4a, Firmware Version: SP2A.220405.003
- Device: Pixel 4a (5G), Firmware Version: SP2A.220405.003
- Device: Pixel 5, Firmware Version: SP2A.220405.003
- Device: Pixel 5a (5G), Firmware Version: SP2A.220405.003
- Device: Pixel 6, Firmware Version: SP2A.220405.004
- Device: Pixel 6 Pro, Firmware Version: SP2A.220405.004
Battery & Power
- Post update, you'll notice additional improvements that have been made to the overall performance of wireless charging with certain accessories.
- The update fixes the issue that has been causing the front-facing camera preview to appear zoomed in on some apps.
- The update addresses the issue, which has been leading to the occasional appearance of the green in the camera preview.
- Post update, the crash in System UI that occurred majorly while using apps in Picture-in-Picture (PIP) mode will get fixed.
- No more display of error messages during the live wallpapers setup procedure.
- The notification shade issue and also the Quick Settings' abnormal appearance have now been resolved.
- There is no more incorrect display of animation when you tend to cancel a search inside the app drawer.
- No more navigation-related issues while the TalkBack assistance is active
Global Version of OnePlus 10 Pro Model Gets Its First Update
The first and new firmware release for the global OnePlus 10 labelled NE2211_11.A.11 is finally up and running in India. The same for the EU is NE2213_11.A.12.
A quick look at the changelog will make you understand that devices for both markets focus more on optimization. Camera improvements is also a major elementt that even includes the increased speed for videos shot in the slow-mo, enhancement in portrait mode shots, and more.
Color OS 12 Public Beta is Live for Oppo F19
Recently Oppo has started making the Color OS 12 beta version public for F19 users. This means if you own the F19 smartphone, you could possibly be the next operator of Color OS 12; however, there lies a condition. The program (which was invite friendly at the beginning) is now limited to 5,000 users. So you'll need to make a move really quick.
How to Apply?
- Launch Setting
- Tap on the Software Update option
- Hit the gear wheel sitting in the upper corner.
- Look for the button that says "Apply for Beta Version."
- Wait for the OTA to hit your device.
A Quick Round-Up
- Samsung Galaxy A Quantum Gets Android 12 Update
- Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G, A71 5G, and S20 FE 4G are Getting One UI 4.1 Based Firmware Updates
- Samsung Rolls Out A New Update Ft April Security Patch for Galaxy S22 Series
- Android 12 Based One UI 4.1 is Up and Running for Samsung Galaxy M62
- Samsung Galaxy Tab Active3 Prepares for the Android 12-based One UI 4.1 Update
- April Fixes for Pixel Are Out
- Global Version of OnePlus 10 Pro Model Gets Its First Update
- Color OS 12 Public Beta is Live for Oppo F19
And that's everything you need to know about this week's firmware updates. The number of devices that got bumped to the new software is pretty healthy this week, and I expect it to be the same next time around as well.
Similar / posts
April 7th, 2022
April 7th, 2022