Android phones are constantly being improved with new features and security updates, and Android users always want to be the very first ones to enjoy the benefits of the latest improvements. Every week, the OEM industry witnesses a new battle, and the one we've passed recently is no different. Here are a few Android firmware updates that have been announced recently.
Devices Lined Up for Today
OnePlus Nord 2
Xiaomi Mi Mix Fold
Google Launches Android 13 Beta Build 2.1 For Pixel Devices
As multiple Google Pixel devices prepare for the launch of Android 13 beta builds, we already know the new variant of Android 13 is knocking at the door.
In case you don't already know, Google has released a new update to the existing Android 13 Beta. Remember the issues that affected the Pixel devices immediately after the update of Android 13 Public Beta was complete? Well, the 2.1 version aims to address those.
Have a look at Google's release notes to understand the update better:
- The new update has resolved the issue where typing in the search bar often resulted in a list of blank suggestions.
- The new firmware addresses the issue where devices would crash and end up restarting on their own whenever an attempt to turn on the hotspot is made.
- Fixed an issue where users would get a continuous call dialing sound even when the person is on a phone call.
- The update fixes an issue where devices would crash and end up restarting even after disconnecting from the Android Auto utility.
Getting the Beta Build
In case you're using the Android 13 Beta, the update will automatically pop up via the device's OTA notification. However, the owners of the devices who are still on the Android 12 QPR Beta program need to register their enrollment interest.
Keep in mind that once you decide to enroll, there is no possibility of reverting back to the stable public release without wiping off the data. Make sure you decide wisely.
OnePlus Nord 2 Gets Stable Android 12
A long wait finally concludes as Android 12 is live for the Nord 2 devices. While the budget smartphone from OnePlus was playing around with a number of Beta-builds recently, the launch of the stable version isn't a surprise, really. However, the same is indeed an exciting piece of news for the owners.
As usual, the rollout has started from the Indian market and is being staged. Speaking of the firmware, in particular, it features DN2101_11.C.04 as the build number. Bagging the Android 12 goodies, the new update also ramps up the device's security to that of May 2022.
MIUI 13 Closed Beta Update Is Rolling Out for Xiaomi Mi Mix Fold
Hey there Xiaomi Mi Mix users, the month of May ends with a bang, isn't it?
The new Android 12-based update is live for Xiaomi Mi Mix, and it brings a whole new experience altogether. From a reworked desktop layout to the brilliant set of optimizations for dual-screen desktop mode, the new firmware is a treat.
Not just the looks, the latest firmware ensures performance upgrades as well. No pain multitasking as the scenes with it has also been significantly improved. Home to the new-age parallel windows and free-form window options, the usability is already set to reach new levels.
Apart from all these, the update brings a new three-finger gesture. It can help seamlessly activate split-screen. Overall, a true efficiency enhancer. Other entities like Control Center and even the System have received considerable upgrades. Walk through the entire changelog list to understand better.
Here's the full changelog. Have a close look to understand the update:
- Added the superb function of adjusting the display layout. One for the in-app screen.
- The update has added some flexible in-screen classic navigation keys. It will help support the center/left/right display.
- Post update, the noise-related issue that might occur when you try and record audio is fixed.
Status Bar Updates
- Support for sliding up and down in the blank area on the side of the notification bar is now active.
- The internal screen layout of the screen or desktop is now completely new. Alongside that, the dual-screen desktop is now way more efficient.
- The new firmware has added in-screen taskbar support to the display of recent tasks.
- Added folding screen, the well-versed, exclusive theme.
- The update optimizes the font usage process.
- The new update optimizes the display effect of the device's core pages.
- Added a new map album entry.
File Manager Updates
- The new firmware has added left and right column layouts on the device's inner screen. It thus helps in making browsing on a large screen more efficient.
- Optimizes the overall grouping method of the recent page files.
- Added the promising ability where you can hide desired pictures in recent pages.
- The update has added the new mobile page classification entry editing function.
- The update optimizes page structure and layout.
- Post update, the display effect of core pages is well optimized
- Optimize recording title display and renaming logic.
- Added one-click copy function to convert text.
- Added a recording mark serial number display.
- Added the new calendar subscription service.
- Optimized the overall page structure and layout.
- The update has optimized the display effect of core pages.
Recent Tasks Updates
- Optimize the form of the recent task card. No issues running in the small window split screen.
- Optimized the overall clock view layout.
- Optimize the key design of the computing keyboard.
- Optimize the tax credit function and merge it into the conversion page.
- Added conversion keyboard calculation function.
- Optimize history storage logic.
Lock Screen Updates
- When the internal screen is unlocked, the function of entering the password by hand is added.
Free window Updates
- Added global sidebar shortcut function.
- Added support for opening two small windows at the same time.
- Added three-finger gesture horizontal swipe to quickly enter the split-screen.
- Added support for adding split-screen combination icons to the desktop in the taskbar on the desktop.
- Added desktop support to open split-screen combination with one click.
Control Center Updates
- Added support for swiping left and right between the control center and notification center.
- New control center interfaces layout revision.
- Remove the classic control center style.
- Added widescreen layout settings to support switching between column and tile modes.
- Added separate keyboard form.
- Added dual GV keyboard form.
- Added 9-key dual-column keyboard form, supporting left and right-hand switching.
Small Widget Updates
- Added global sidebar shortcut function.
- The widget function has a new look; new widgets can be added to the negative screen and the desktop and support dragging and dropping each other.
- Added widget center to provide rich widget resources "Pinch the desktop with two fingers to enter."
- Added system application widgets such as clock, weather, photo album, etc.
- Cards in the negative one screen support free drag and drop sorting.
- Realme has recently announced the release of the Realme UI 3.0 early access program for the Realme 9i devices. The company also highlighted the open beta for 8i.
A Quick Round-Up
- Google Launches Android 13 Beta Build 2.1 For Pixel Devices
- OnePlus Nord 2 Gets Stable Android 12
- MIUI 13 Closed Beta Update Is Rolling Out for Xiaomi Mi Mix Fold
That's it for today. I hope you had a great time walking across the most stunning updates from this past week! As we draw close to the Android 13 release, excitement in the air has only grown more fascinating- don't miss out on being part of something so big and unique by not staying up with tech trends here at Updato.
I'm ready when YOU are ;)