- The iPhone 5S is supposed to last up to 10 hours on 3G and 250 hours in standby while the iPhone 5 was said to last 8 hours on 3G and 225 hours in standby.
- Also the iPhone 5S is said to last with 2 hours more on LTE than the previous model.
The newly released iPhone 5S that will replace the previous model in store shelves, is promised to have at least the same battery life or even better than the iPhone 5.When this new model, 5S, will be available for sale, the previous model will no longer be found in stores. Hopefully this should be a good thing as it is expected that the 5S is an improved version of the iPhone 5 which didn't really impress the crowds. But one thing that the iPhone 5 didn't really excel at was battery life. Actually the opinions are divided but there were definitely problems with the battery because a lot of iPhone 5 users have complained about the terrible battery life. We live in the generation of smartphones where everything is online and electronic, battery life is the thing that ensures we are connected all day and for a device such as the iPhone 5 to not last even 5 hours with a 3G connection turned on, is definitely a big disappointment.iPhone 5S battery life is supposed to be at least equal if not better than the iPhone 5 battery life.This statement was made by Apple, and we have to take it for granted until the device is available for sale and we can see for ourselves. However, aside from the improved processor and camera, the iPhone 5S is not bringing a big improvement in the built in rechargeable Li-Ion battery, except perhaps a few software improvements that will probably ensure a longer autonomy. We have the official Apple battery specifications that we can compare with the ones from the iPhone 5, but you will see only little improvements:
What's my model number?
There are several ways to locate your model number:
- Option 1
- On your device, go to Settings, then "About device" and scroll down to "Model number"
- Option 2
- Often times you can view the model number inside the device, by removing the battery
- Option 3
- Using Samsung's model/serial number location tool