Samsung Galaxy S5 offers a handy way to keep private data from others, without any external app. You can view, add and edit your photos, documents, and other related stuff while you’re in private mode. You can hand your phone to anyone after exiting the private mode, feeling confident that your data will remain safe. The only exception is that the other person knows your password to unlock the mode. You can enable and disable private mode, and add/remove files on this feature. Follow these steps setting up your Samsung Galaxy S5 private mode. Enabling Samsung Galaxy S5 Private Mode
- Using two fingers, swipe down the menu from the top, irrespective of the screen.
- You will see the list of icons. Choose “Private Mode”
- If you are checking it for the first time, your phone will introduce the feature, and you will be asked to enter a password or PIN.
While entering a PIN code, make sure you enter numbers or text that you can remember easily. This PIN will be required every time you enter the mode. Disabling Samsung Galaxy S5 Private Mode
- Swipe down the menu from the top of Samsung Galaxy S5 screen. Use two fingers. The list of icons will be displayed on the screen.
- Select and Tap on the “Private Mode” icon.
- If your Private Mode was on earlier, tapping it again will disable it and your phone will work in a normal mode.
Make sure you enable it before handing your phone over to someone else. Otherwise, the secret items will be viewable to all. Add Files from Samsung Galaxy S5 Private Mode
Private Mode has different types of media supports. You can add or remove images and videos with Private Mode “On” and prevent their view in normal mode. Follow these simple steps to add or remove files on this feature.
- Turn on the Private Mode using the steps mentioned earlier.
- Choose the image or video file which you want viewable in the Private Mode. You can either select one file or a group of files at a time.
- There is an Overflow menu button available at the top right corner of your screen. After selecting a file or multiple files, tap on that button.
- Now tap on the option “Move to Private”.
The particular file or a set of files is added in the private folder or album which will operate only when the private mode is turned on.