Resetting with your Google AccountYou can reset your pattern through 3 easy steps using Google accounts.
- After you’ve made multiple failed attempts to enter the correct pattern, you’ll see a ‘Forgot pattern’ link on your lock screen. Tap on this option.
- You’ll be prompted to provide the Google Account username and password that you previously used to register your smartphone (i.e. assuming you registered it with google accounts).
- From here, you’ll be able to reset your smartphone’s screen lock.
When Google Reset doesn’t workThere are various reasons why the method specified above. In most cases, the user in question has forgotten their Google login credentials and are not able to log in at all. That means they probably didn’t have a backup email address or phone number registered with the account. Sometimes, you might remember your Google logins but there’s no internet connection. If you find yourself in this extreme situation, there’s still hope through these simplistic steps.
- Switch off your device
- Long press the upper volume key, the menu key and the power key all at the same time.
- Your Android smartphone will show the ‘Android system Recovery’ screen.
- Choose ‘Wipe data/factory reset’. This should be the third option and you can navigate downwards using the volume key, then press the menu button to advance to the next step.
- Choose the ‘Yes – delete all user’ option (8th option).
- Select the ‘Reboot Now’ button (should be the first option on the menu).
- After the reboot, your phone should be UNLOCKED and working okay.
Image Source: Expert Reviews
Similar / posts
February 07 2017