- Swipe down from the top to launch the notifications bar on your Android handset.
- In case you have Quick Settings on your device, find and top on GPS or Location.
- If this doesn’t work, launch the Settings app on your device and open the Location section (could be under Privacy). A simple tap will turn location services or GPS
The location service or rather GPS (Global Positioning System) on your Android smartphone or tablet can be immensely useful. It helps you figure out where you are on a map or navigation grid. It’s surprising that a lot of Android users still do not use GPS to do useful things. This article provides some easy, hands-on guidance on how to turn on GPS functionality on your Android phone anytime on the go.Most of the top apps on the Android platform require a description of your location in order to work fully. For instance, a friend finder app might need to know which town or city you are in so that it can help you find pals who are within a reasonable distance of your location. On the other hand, more location intensive applications such as Google Maps and Waze need to use GPS to figure out your location on the road network in your city or town. These apps not only help you find your way to an unfamiliar destination, they also brief you on traffic situations and give you a time-to-destination estimate.The GPS feature in your Android device provides your accurate location so that you can find all kinds of things. You may want to find what shopping offers are rolling on nearby, or share your position with a friend who’s new in town. GPS usually works on Android phones, but it’s not hard to come across tablets that also have this capability.When you launch an application that needs to use GPS, it should prompt you to enable it right away. But it’s also important to know how to turn it on and off whenever you like.
What's my model number?
There are several ways to locate your model number:
- Option 1
- On your device, go to Settings, then "About device" and scroll down to "Model number"
- Option 2
- Often times you can view the model number inside the device, by removing the battery
- Option 3
- Using Samsung's model/serial number location tool