The autoplay feature has been enabled in both Facebook and Twitter’s videos. Whenever a video enters on your timeline or feed, it automatically starts playing. The videos results to your Facebook and Twitter feed raising your data charges.
According to a credible report, Facebook is testing auto playing videos with sounds. For now, this feature is only running in Australia. Luckily, for those running the Facebook app in public areas can be switched off by muting your smartphone.
How to Stop Facebook from auto playing videos
- Go to your Facebook homepage and tap on the down arrow icon which found on the top right of the page.
- Scroll down and then click ‘Settings,’
- Click ‘the ‘Videos’ options at the bottom of your left-hand setting menu.’
- Go to the ‘Video Setting, and go to the options ‘Auto-play Videos’
- Click on the down arrow to turn the option ‘Off’.
- Go to the Facebook application and then click on 3 horizontal lines icon found at the top right of the News Feed.
- After clicking on the menu, you will be able to see a link to the profile page, friends, photos, events and the pages you manage and more.
- Go to the Help & Settings part and select the ‘App Settings.’
- Go to the General settings and look for Auto-Play and select it. Video Auto-Play part offers three options: On Wi-Fi connections Only, Never Auto-Play Videos, and On Mobile Data and Wi-Fi Connections. Select the second option if you do not want videos to Auto-Play on Facebook whether you are using Wi-Fi or mobile data.
- After updating the Facebook application the videos may start playing again automatically in your News Feed. In case this do happens, repeat the process above.
How to stop Twitter’s autoplay videos
On the web
- Sign in the web client
- Click your profile photo and then select Settings
- You will be directed to the Account section of your settings
- Scroll down to find the ‘Video Tweets’ option
- Uncheck the box which says ‘Video autoplay.
On Android application
- Tap the Options button – looks like a three stacked dots.
- Select Settings
- Click General and then Video autoplay.
- Select ‘Never play videos automatically’
LATEST FROM YOUTUBE: