- You begin by tapping Smart Lock so that you may get started in the process of setting your trusted location. You will then be allowed to enter your Pin so that you are verified into making changes on the device. The screen will then offer options, including places and faces.
- As the next step, you need to tap on the Trusted Places option, where both your work and home addresses will appear. You can visit the Google maps app to set the locations if you hadn’t done so earlier. After that, activate these trusted areas.
- In case you want to add another place (trusted location) other than your home and the place of work address, tap on the Add Trusted Places option. Here you will see a map which shows the location you are in but you can still find somewhere else using your Search Box. When you are well satisfied, you should tap on the blue bar that is visible on the app so that you can confirm the changes. Afterwards, you can easily remove or add a trusted location of your wish.
There is an easier way of locking and unlocking your Lollipop device for security reasons. With this classic setting, your device will remain unlocked when in the locations you have set as trusted. In case you leave the place, the device will lock and afterwards, you will need to unlock it using a security code or pattern.To start with, you need to set the security method you would prefer in the process of protecting your Android device. This option appears in case you have set the lock screen whereby you can then visit the Settings app and select trusted locations. Below is how to go about this on your Lollipop device:
What's my model number?
There are several ways to locate your model number:
- Option 1
- On your device, go to Settings, then "About device" and scroll down to "Model number"
- Option 2
- Often times you can view the model number inside the device, by removing the battery
- Option 3
- Using Samsung's model/serial number location tool