- Head over to your device's Settings and scroll to the Data Usage section.
- Toggle the Set Mobile Data Limit. Confirm that the date entered below the option is the same day your data allowance refreshes. In case it isn't, tap on it and choose the Change Cycle option. Now set the correct date that your allowance refreshes.
- You'll notice a graph with two lines; one is for specifying a limit for your data, while the other is for setting a warning.
- The top line is the one for limiting data, so drag it either up or down till your data limit is reached. If you choose to, you can set the data limit to be equal to your allowance, but it is advisable to set it a bit lower, just in case data usage is measured differently by your carrier.
- For setting a warning, drag the lower line either up or down to specify a data limit you want to receive a warning for. It would be a good idea, if for instance you placed it at 75% percent of your data allowance, instead of 90 or above percent. This would ensure that you don't go overboard in your data usage.
What's my model number?
There are several ways to locate your model number:
- Option 1
- On your device, go to Settings, then "About device" and scroll down to "Model number"
- Option 2
- Often times you can view the model number inside the device, by removing the battery
- Option 3
- Using Samsung's model/serial number location tool