Not everyone can afford unlimited mobile data package, that’s why it is necessary to limit how much data is consumed by your phone to avoid over-using and ending up with huge bills.
The good thing is that you won’t need to download a third-party app or go through so much of hassle to save on your mobile data. Most Android handsets come integrated with a data usage feature that allows use to control how much mobile data they want their smartphones to use. The location of this setting will vary depending on the type of phone you’re using but otherwise it is available on any phone running on Android 4.4.2 or above.
Follow the steps below to limit the amount of data used on your Android phone:
Before you begin, make sure you know how much data is allocated to your plan every month and the day it refreshes every month.
QUICK NOTE: Free firmware downloads are made possible thanks in part to BlueHost Hosting & Dedicated Servers – Updato's #1 choice for hosting and storage solutions! Show your support and check 'em out.
- Head over to your device’s Settings and scroll to the Data Usage section.
- Toggle the Set Mobile Data Limit. Confirm that the date entered below the option is the same day your data allowance refreshes. In case it isn’t, tap on it and choose the Change Cycle option. Now set the correct date that your allowance refreshes.
- You’ll notice a graph with two lines; one is for specifying a limit for your data, while the other is for setting a warning.
- The top line is the one for limiting data, so drag it either up or down till your data limit is reached. If you choose to, you can set the data limit to be equal to your allowance, but it is advisable to set it a bit lower, just in case data usage is measured differently by your carrier.
- For setting a warning, drag the lower line either up or down to specify a data limit you want to receive a warning for. It would be a good idea, if for instance you placed it at 75% percent of your data allowance, instead of 90 or above percent. This would ensure that you don’t go overboard in your data usage.
That’s all there is to it. You now never have to deal with sudden the depletion of your data before its allowance refresh date or the hefty bills as a result of over-using.
How do you limit the mobile data on your Android phone? Let us know in the comments.
LATEST FROM YOUTUBE: