It is very simple to fall in love with Galaxy S6. The handset’s design is well refined. There is plenty under the handset and the features are fantastic. However, as wonderful it is, the device still have flaws.
We have received a lot of complaints about the Samsung Galaxy S6 and we have solutions to some of the largest Galaxy S6 issues.
Some of the problems reported include call volume too low, missing quick toggle, problem with contacts and emails.
Below are some other Galaxy S6 problems and fixes.
1. Refreshing & Restarting Applications
There have been issues about the S6 having a bad memory management. Many people are frustrated to find an application refreshing or closing themselves even the handset has free RAM. With a 3 GB of RAM, the key cause of the issue is unclear; however, you can try a few steps to solve the issue.
This could be a kind of bug in your handset’s software. Samsung often release updates to get rid of problems like this. So go to ‘Settings’, to ‘About device’ to Software update’ and then ‘Update Now’.
Uninstall or disable any application that you don’t use regularly.
Facebook messenger is a known memory hog. If you can move on without it, uninstall it.
Try using another launcher like TouchWiz, Nova Launcher or Google Now Launcher. A new launcher may help solve the problem.
2. Poor Battery Life
The 2550 mAh battery in Galaxy S6 isn’t the largest battery ion the block. Some Galaxy S6 users are complaining about a worse battery performance. The handset charges quickly, but it is also drains quickly. Moreover, the fact that the device lacks a removable battery make it a bigger problem.
- Go to Settings then to Battery and check the battery usage. Replace the power guzzling applications or turn off the notifications to reduce their power consumption.
- Go to settings then to Application manager and uninstall or disable the applications that you do not use.
- Wipe your cache partition, this helps sometimes and it does no harm. Turn your device off, hold Volume up, Home and Power buttons simultaneously. You will get the recovery menu. Use the Volume buttons to wipe select ‘wipe cache partition; and the click the Power button to select it. When this is done search the ‘reboot system now’ with ‘Volume’ buttons and press ‘Power’ to select it.
3. WiFi Slow or Fails to Connect
Many people experience issues with WiFi when the purchase a new smartphone and the S6 is no exception. There are many potential causes of the WiFi issue. You may find that the connection is too slow and at times it may fail to connect.
- Turn the Galaxy S6 and the router off and turn them on. This does work.
- Go to ‘Settings’ then to ‘WiFi’. Then long press on the troublesome router, tap on ‘Forget network’. Set it up again from scratch.
- If you are connecting your device to 5GHz and there is a 2.4GHz option. Switch to the 2.4GHz option to see if it does make a difference.
- Use a free application such as Wifi Analyzer to make sure your channels are not crowded. In case you are using a busy channel, switch it to see if it makes a difference.
- Set ‘Keep WiFi on during sleep’ to ‘Always’.
- Make sure your router firmware is up to date.
LATEST FROM YOUTUBE: