- What you need to do in this case is to leave the phone to drain all the way to 0%.
- Then leave your phone turned off and plug it in the original Galaxy S3 charger
- Leave the phone to charge overnight
- The next day open the phone and it should be fully charged
This is a guide to teach you what to do in case you Galaxy S3 battery is only charging to 90% or less. There were some reported issues with the Galaxy S3 battery that it doesn't fully charge. This means that you plug in the charger, leave the S3 to charge, and at one point it just stops charging. It can stop anywhere from 70% to 90%. These are the intervals that represent a warning. This battery charging issue was very frequent after users updated their Galaxy S III to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. Solve Galaxy S3 battery doesn't fully charge:
What's my model number?
There are several ways to locate your model number:
- Option 1
- On your device, go to Settings, then "About device" and scroll down to "Model number"
- Option 2
- Often times you can view the model number inside the device, by removing the battery
- Option 3
- Using Samsung's model/serial number location tool