Samsung Galaxy Note 4 has some killer features which many users are not aware of. With the Note 4 tips & tricks you can learn how to use the S pen, software and the new note without having to read a boring manual. The Note 4 also has hidden features such as connecting the Xbox controller, transferring photos from a DLSR and other cool features.
Galaxy Note 4 tips & tricks
- How to fast charge the Note 4
To rapidly charge your Note 4, use the charger it is shipped with and a USB cable. This boosts your battery life from 0 - 50 percent in approximately 30 minutes. The process only works if the Note 4 users have a Fast Charger.
2 Improving the battery life
If you are a Note 4 user, you can be able to sustain the batter life without going to the Power Saving Mode. To do that, follow the procedure below:
- Go to the Settings and then Battery - Look to confirm if there’s an application which is using most of the battery life. In case you identify such application, uninstall it or stop it.
- Use the usual power saving mode. Turn the mode on, go to quick settings. The mode restricts background data in your handset and also boosts performance to improve the battery life.
- You can also restart you device if the battery life is draining faster than expected. Reduce the screen brightness to stop the device from boosting the screen brightness.
- Adding Memory to Samsung Note 4
To add memory to your device, insert a MicroSD card in the SD slot. Unfortunately, you can’t store all applications in the MicroSD since some applications are only stored in the internal memory. To create space in the internal memory, you default some items such as photos and videos stored in the phone memory to the MicroSD card.
- How to connect a MicroSD Card to the Note 4 from the camera
With the Galaxy Note 4, it is possible to view images and videos you captured on the DLSR to a larger screen or even sharing them on Twitter and Facebook. To do this, you must have a USB to SD card adapter and the USB OTG cable. To view images to a larger screen, connect the OTG cable to the charging port on your Galaxy Note 4. Then connect a USB to the adapter, plug in the cable. After doing this, the file explorer launches so that you can view the photos from the DSLR, edit and share them.
- How to play games via an Xbox 360 Controller on your handset
Galaxy Note 4 has many exciting games but they are more effective when connected to controller. When you connect your Galaxy Note 4 to an Xbox 360 controller with a USB OTG cable you can play many Android games in the Play Store.
- Customizing the Lock Screen
The Note 4 has many methods to customize your handset’s lock screen. Furthermore, if the lock screen is already customized, you can authorize a secure pattern. To successful customize your lock screen, follow the guidelines below:
- Go to the Settings > Lock screen > Pattern and then choose the right back-up pin or a pattern.
- On the lock screen main Menu, choose a camera shortcut.
- Double tap the S Pen to begin the action memo mode.
- Unlocking the Note 4 using the fingerprint
One of the options in the settings menu is to unlock your Note 4 with a fingerprint. To train the fingerprint to your Note 4, Go to Settings then proceed to the Lock screen > Screen Lock and then to Fingerprint. Train your fingerprints to unlock the phone and then set a back-up pin. The fingerprints can also be used in PayPal purchases and other applications intended to use a fingerprint reader unlock.
- How to turn off the Flipboard on the Home screen
If you hate the Flipboard briefing displayed on your home screen, you can turn it off in the home screen settings. Since it isn’t in the main settings, follow the procedure below.
- Go to the Home screen > press the recent apps buttons till the editing menu in the home screen.
- Tap on home screen settings > uncheck Flipboard briefing.