It is quite possible to access files stored on your PC’s hard drive using your Smartphone in what is essentially the simplest application. Even better, the SHAREit app is absolutely free from the Google Play Store. For you to remotely access files using this method, the app has to be running simultaneously on both your PC and Smartphone. So make sure that you also get the desktop app from the SHAREit website. It’s important to note that Wi-Fi is required for this to work (no data connections) so make sure that you’re connected. Once you have fired up the app on your devices, here is how to go about getting the remote file access.
How to use SHAREit app
- Get the app open on your PC.
- On your PC screen, navigate to the bar that prompts you to ‘create your own personal network’. The process is fairly straightforward and requires inputting a password for your new network.
- From here, simply connect your Smartphone app to the network you created. Depending on the version of SHAREit that you are running, you will be prompted to input the PC’s network password or not if you are running an older version. Simply look it up from your PC and type it in and the connection will be established.
- If the connection is successful, your PC app should ask you to confirm the connection. From here the process is pretty much straightforward.
- From the app’s dialogue box on the phone’s display, select ‘remote view’ from the six tabbed options at the bottom – this should give you a listing of what you can access. Note, however, that the app will only recognize photos, music and documents stored in the PC’s default storage spaces for each type of file. These indices can be changed under the PC’s settings.
- From here, simply select the type of file you would like to view remotely and the app will give you a tabbed list of all the folders and individual files that it can access from your PC.
How to share files
- Follow the following simple steps to share files from your smartphone to your PC:
- Launch the app on your phone and hit the “Send” option.
- Navigate to select the file that you want to share. Once the file is highlighted, click “Next”.
- The app will now start searching for any nearby SHAREit device.
- Get the app open on your PC and click “Receive”.
- Your phone’s app will show the PC listed. Tap on it to start sending the selected file or files.
- You can also follow these simple steps (vice versa) to send files from your PC to your Android smartphone.
SHAREit can be an incredibly useful app if you’re looking to easily send files between devices over Wi-Fi, or remotely access PC content via your Android phone.
Image Source: BSocialShine
LATEST FROM YOUTUBE: