- Android Data Recovery – this is a fantastic data recovery tool for Android devices. It works with some of the most popular operating platforms, including Windows 8.1/8/7/Vista/XP, as well as Mac OS X 10.9/10.8/10.7/10.6.
- Wondershare Dr. Fone for Android – this tool will only work with rooted smartphones, so you might want to skip it if you haven’t already rooted your device. It works awesomely well though.
- Coolmuster Android SMS+Contacts Recovery – cool application to recover deleted SMS on Android. It can also recover contacts from your Android phone. You can preview recoverable text messages and contacts before recovery. This application will work on all Samsung Android smartphones.
Most likely than not, you’ve accidentally erased some important text messages from your Samsung Android phone. It might have put you in a compromising situation. Maybe you lost those important details regarding the venue of an important meeting. Maybe you lost some important personal information sent to you by an individual or organization. Whatever the loss, it can be awkward requesting to have an important text message resent to you because you lost it. In some worse cases even, you might not be able to have a copy resent – so you’re left in a worrying situation. But don’t just fret yet!There is a 99 percent chance of success that you can recover any deleted SMS on Android. But there’s a factor that plays into this success rate – time! If you lose an important text message, you have to act with speed to get them back. The basis for this is the fact that the messages are recoverable until the part of the memory in which they resided is rewritten with other data. This means that the longer you wait, the higher the chance of losing your lost text messages, app updates or any other details forever. Very precisely, we’ll tell you how you can use simple ways to recover deleted SMS on Android.Tools of the Trade There are a number of effective PC-based tools that you can use to retrieve lost details from your Android smartphone. Generally speaking, most of these are free, or at least have a trial version that you can take advantage of. The specific tool you want to use will depend on your personal preference, as they all accomplish the same results:
What's my model number?
There are several ways to locate your model number:
- Option 1
- On your device, go to Settings, then "About device" and scroll down to "Model number"
- Option 2
- Often times you can view the model number inside the device, by removing the battery
- Option 3
- Using Samsung's model/serial number location tool