What is Knox and what does it do?Samsung Knox made its official debut in September 2013 during an event called Unpacked 2. What was it meant to do? Well first and foremost it was meant to provide security by preventing data from falling into the wrong hands. It had other tasks as well, such as countering the activity of espionage software. Having first been implemented on the Samsung Galaxy Note 3, it was then released for all other Samsung devices that received the android 4.3 update. Complaints soon started flowing in from developers, unsatisfied with the fact that Knox had some autoconfiguration technology which meant it could keep a record of when a device was modified. In this way Samsung could refuse to honor requests for support because the hardware was considered damaged. Certain apps, such as TraingleAway were meant to erase proof of any modifications though. They did so by resetting the flash counter and disposing of root access. With Knox, these apps have less access to stored data, which sparked a lot of unhappiness among clients.
How to uninstall Knox?As long as you have the official Android 4.3 update it is more or less impossible to completely remove Knox guarantee. But there are certain ways in which you can disable Knox. We will detail three different ways in which you can do this. Firstly, there is a set of instructions even on Samsung's support page:
- Identify the Knox app, launch it and tap on "Settings"
- Tap on "Knox Settings"
- Choose "Uninstall Knox"
- When uninstalling Knox you will be inquired whether you want to keep you Knox data or not. If you wish to keep it, select "Backup Now" and then OK.
- Type the Knox password and then choose "Continue".
- Tap on "Next". Before the uninstalling process is complete your data will be saved.
- Tap on "OK" to uninstall Knox.
- Choose "Menu", then tap on "My Files’’, "All" and finally,"Knox". There will be a zip file with all your personal Knox content, if you backed it up.
- Install Root Explorer.
- Run Root Explorer and use the search function to search for Knox.
- All files with the name Knox should be selected.
- Remove all of these and then restart your handset.
- Backup all the data on your handset.
- Flash the following file: Degrated Shadow's KNOX removerV2.1.zip
- All the files with the name Knox have to be removed.
- Restart your device.
Similar / posts
August 16 2019
August 07 2019