With the new iPhone getting rid of the headphone jack, there have been speculations as to what is next for Android. Luckily enough, for now, there is no proprietary port that ca replace the headphone jack on Android smartphones.
So, whether you want the convenience of wireless headphones
, having a pair of Bluetooth headphones isn’t a bad idea at all. Using a Bluetooth headphone lets you receive and make calls without touching your handset with your hand. This makes them convenient for shopping and commuting. As long as your handset has a Bluetooth connection, pairing it with Bluetooth headphone is so simple.
How to pair Bluetooth headphones to your smartphone
The process is the same for all Android devices. Before getting started, make sure that your Bluetooth headphones are on and they are in the pairing mode
- In your app drawer or the home screen, launch Settings
- Tap Bluetooth
- Click on the switch to turn the Bluetooth on
- Tap on headphones under the Available devices
The headphones automatically pair. Some require you to hold the pair button during pairing.
Your podcasts, music, and other audio will now be sent to the Bluetooth headphones you have connected.
What to do about the pairing failures
If your device fails to connect, try these tips:
- Turn on the discoverable mode – For the headphones to pair with your device, the discoverable mode must be on for it to connect to your headphones, more so, if you have never paired the devices before.
- Restart your device – A soft reset at times resolve the problem. You can also turn the airplane on and off to solve the problem.
- Make sure your devices are charged – Some Android handsets have a smart power management that turns the Bluetooth off if the battery is very low. Make sure both handsets have enough juice.
- Avoid the Wi-Fi router – Wi-Fi router is also another obstacle to successful pairing. This is because it tends to interfere with the pairing spectrum.
- Update the hardware’s firmware – Some Bluetooth devices do not pair with old devices. You should make your device is running the most recent firmware of your hardware.