Moto X Play was released as a more affordable range from Motorola alongside their latest flagship. Some of the best things Moto X has to offer is a great camera, the customizable Moto Maker, and a software to enhance user experience. With this features also comes issues and here is a list of some of them and how you can fix them.
‘Okay Google’ command not functioning
Some users have experienced problems during the setting up of ‘Okay Google’ command. This problem can be either the microphone not working thus being unable to capture a voice.
- This issue is likely related to an active Moto Voice. The Moto X only allows one feature at a time, either Google Now or Moto Voice thus you need to choose one voice command that you prefer using.
- If after turning the Moto Voice off you still experience the problem, confirm that the default language for Google Now is English (US).
DID YOU KNOW? Updato offers seamless and guaranteed phone unlocking for any device, carrier and region! It's quick and easy - try it now.
Recent Apps screen still on landscape orientation even with screen rotation enabled
This is basically when in your screen rotation is enabled but it doesn’t seem to work for your recent apps. For a temporary fix, reboot your device.
- Check if some of the installed apps are responsible for this issue. Simply boot your device into the Safe Mode and see if it fixes the problem. Long-press the Power key till the ‘Power Off’ option pops up on the screen. Press and hold the button on the screen then tap ‘Boot into Safe Mode’.
- Alternatively, consider removing the apps that were uninstalled in the recent applications right before you started experiencing the issue.
- If all fails, a factory reset may be in the cards for your device.
Moto X slow charging or stops charging still plugged in
Though fast charging is not a Moto X Play feature, there have been issues with charging the device. Some users claim to notice a constant battery level during charging for certain period of time while other owners complain of the Moto X charging slowly.
- You could purchase a Turbo Charger which gives the Moto X Play a faster charging advantage.
- If you notice a constant charge on your device even when it has been plugged in for a while, first confirm that the charger cable is working. Try charging it on other compatible devices.
- The issue could be temporarily solved by a forced reboot. If this works, then the problem is more of a software issue that only an update can resolve. However if this does not work, then it is hardware-related and you may need a replacement.
Performance and Overheating issues
Users have complained of overheating, frequents lags and stutters with the Moto X Play despite its reliable software experience.
- Disable or reduce animations to prevent stutters. Go to Settings >>About Phone>>Build Number, tap the option seven times till you see a notification that the Developer Options has been activated. In the Developer options >>Windows animation scale >>Transition scale>> Animator duration scale and lower the speed of switch it off.
- A factory reset every now and then may also revert the performance back to normal.
- Considering the Snapdragon 615 processors is capable on other devices, the performance issue could be software related and only an update can fix it.
- As for the overheating issue, a rogue app may be the culprit.
Wi-Fi Connectivity Issue
This a common problem with most Android devices.
- Restart both the device and the router then retry connecting them.
- Confirm that the Power Saving option is disabled in the Settings menu.
- On the Wi-Fi Analyzer, check that the channel you are using isn’t crowded or switch to a different channel.
- Forget the Wi-Fi network. Go to Settings>>Wi-Fi then long-press on the Wi-Fi connection then tap ‘Forget’. Wait a few seconds, then retry connection.
- Check that the firmware of the router, the application in use, and device software is up to date.
- On the Settings menu, tap Wi-Fi then go to the Settings, select advanced then note down the MAC address of your device and confirm in the router’s MAC filter if access is allowed to your device’s address.
Did this Solutions work for you? Have you experienced any other Moto X Play issues? Let us know in the comments.
LATEST FROM YOUTUBE: