Google Keep is quite simple to use and is loaded with features that make life much easier. With Google Keep you can create a million notes on the go, and all you need is your smartphone. This is one of those tools that come in handy when that elusive idea suddenly crosses your mind and you know you have to record it before it evaporates from your memory. Google Keep works on a desktop computer through its Web Interface, so you can access it anytime from any device. Unlike other note taking tools including OminiFocus, Evernote, etc, Google Keep is very refined.
Below are some tips to help you make the best out of Google Keep for Android.
Set note reminders
- Launch Google Keep app
- Click a note
- At the bottom left, click remind me
- You can set reminders to go off at certain place or time
- Click save
- Click done to close your note
Reminders enable you to locate your note at a certain place or time, you can do that by tapping at the little string-around-a-finger icon in the upper-right corner of the editing screen.
QUICK NOTE: Free firmware downloads are made possible thanks in part to BlueHost Hosting & Dedicated Servers – Updato's #1 choice for hosting and storage solutions! Show your support and check 'em out.
Arrange notes by color
Google Keep will become extremely fitting once you arrange notes by color. Besides white, there are other colors to choose from, but the bright hues are most recommended. To color your notes;
- Open the app.
- Hover over the note you want to color. To select multiple notes, hover over a note and click on the checkmark
- Click change color
- Choose a color
Arrange your notes by label
Another easy way to arrange your notes is to give them labels, such as “deep thoughts”, “home”, or “work”. It enables you to sort out and easily find your notes in Google keep. If you are sharing a note, only you will be able to see your labels. To add a label;
- Launch Keep
- Select the note that you want to label. To select multiple notes, hover over a note and click on the tick.
- Click more
- Click change label or add label
- Under “label note”
Tick the box next to each label that you want to add
To create new label, enter a name and click create
- You will see the label at the bottom of the note
Share a note with friends
Google keep isn’t only made up for jotting down note to yourself, of course; you can also use keep to work together with a colleague.
Once you have shared your note in keep, the thumbnail images of your co-workers will show at the bottom of the note.
Your colleagues/friends will also get an email informing them that someone’s shared a note. To share a note;
- Click a note
- Click share
- Enter a person’s name, email address, or Google group. As you type suggestions will appear
- Next to their name, click done. To remove someone, click remove
- Click save
Access deleted notes
A trash folder is a key feature of Google Keep where you can retrieve notes that were removed within a week. To recover deleted notes;
- Launch Google Keep In the top-left corner, click menu
- In the left-hand menu, click trash
- Click or tap a note to open it
- To move a note out of the trash, open it and click restore
If you are looking for an easy- to-use, modern-styled note-taking app, Google keep is perfect for you. It does everything that you need, and it does it well.
Image Source: Play Store
LATEST FROM YOUTUBE: