- First you need to root your device
- Install Goo Manager from Play Store
- Open Goo Manager and allow root permission
- Press Menu and choose Install Open Recovery
TWRP or Team Win Recovery Project is a Custom Recovery that allows the user to customize and use a custom recovery with a lot of ease. This Custom Recovery allows full touch user interface, without having to use the volume keys any more. Custom Recoveries are necessary if you want to backup and restore or if you want to install Custom ROMs or MODs on your rooted device. The other main Custom Recovery available is CWM Recovery. The advantage of TWRP is that it is fully touch. What are the features of TWRP: How to install TWRP 22.214.171.124 on Galaxy S3 I9305 LTE:
What's my model number?
There are several ways to locate your model number:
- Option 1
- On your device, go to Settings, then "About device" and scroll down to "Model number"
- Option 2
- Often times you can view the model number inside the device, by removing the battery
- Option 3
- Using Samsung's model/serial number location tool