Galaxy S2 is now compatible with Multi Window with the use of a MOD developed by XDA member mythtrandyr. This MOD enhances the Galaxy Note 2 feature that has been so mediated in the Galaxy Note 2 commercials, that allows you to run two simultaneous apps on the screen at the same time.
It has been said that an official release of Multi Window for Samsung Galaxy S II will not be released due to the small screen that makes it hard to use two applications and have two windows on the screen at the same time. As it seems, the Galaxy S2 is good enough to run true multitasking with two apps on the screen.
Requirements: If you want to install the Multi Window MOD you’ll need to have a Galaxy S2 running a Deodexed version of the XXLSJ Release.
Side Note: If you’re enjoying this article, you may want to subscribe to our YouTube channel; we do giveaways, hands-on product reviews, feature top tech, and much more!
Features of the Multi Window MOD:
- Lockscreen allows 4 shortcuts
- Adds Ripple Lockscreen
- Volume rocker enables song skip
- Removes homebutton lag
- 4-way reboot
How to install Multi Window MOD for Galaxy S II:
- BACKUP FIRST
- Download the Installation file from HERE and place the file on the sd card
- Flash the MOD via CWM Recovery or Stock Recovery
How to Disable/Enable the Multi Screen Tab on your homescreen:
- First of all enable Multi Window from Settings > Display > Tick Multi Window
- Now, to disable the multi screen tab that appears on the homescreen and probably annoys you, you have to press the capacitive back button, while you are on the homescreen. Wait until the tab disappears. Note that this will not disable the app!
- To enable the multi window tab back again repeat the procedure with the back button.
LATEST FROM YOUTUBE: