If you want to transfer files from another phone to your Samsung galaxy S4, Smart Switch is the best application that you can use. You will no lose any file or application that you want to transfer. However, you will need to create a backup on your current device before you start the process. So, you can transfer files to your Samsung galaxy S4 from: Apple iOS versions 4.2.1 or higher, Blackberry – Blackberry OS version 6.0 or higher, LG-Android version 2.3, Gingerbread, Nokia Series 40 or higher; Symbian 6.0 or higher, Samsung: Data backed up using Kies version 2.5.2 or higher.
How to download Smart Switch
- First, you will access Google Play Store from Apps.
- Tap Apps and then Search.
- Tap Search Google Play at the top of the screen and type Samsung Smart Switch.
- Select the application and tap the Install button.
- Now, you will find the application in Apps.
(By the way, if you’re enjoying this article, you may want to subscribe to our YouTube channel; we do giveaways, hands-on product reviews, feature top tech, and much more!)
How to transfer content from an iPhone
- Open the application and check I agree option and then tap Agree.
- Now, you will need to connect your phone to the PC using the USB cable. If you see the message below, you will need to change the USB settings. You will swipe your finger from the top of the screen to the bottom to open the Notification Panel and touch Connected as a camera. Tap Media device (MTP) to change the USB settings.
- Select Apple from the list.
- Smart Switch will find your backup automatically. If you have more than one backup, you will need to select it manually.
- Click Next.
- Now, you will select the content that you want to transfer.
- Tap Start transfer.
- You will see a transfer status bar. You can stop the process by Clicking on Cancel Transfer.
- When the process is done, click Exit.
- Now, you will have to install Kies if you haven’t already installed. Also, you have the possibility to Auto open Kies when Smart Switch is closed.
Smart Switch will suggest you the applications that you can use from your iPhone to your Samsung Galaxy S4. When Smart Switch finds an application that not matches your new device, it will automatically search on Google Play Store for one that matches eith your Samsung Galaxy S4.
- First, you will have to download the application from Google Play Store.
- Then, you will access it into the Applications.
- Tap Agree on the Terms of Service.
- Now, Smart Switch will search for matching applications on Google Play.
- If your app does not exist for the Android platform, touch the Recommendations tab. Touch the down arrow next to each app to view the recommendations found on Google Play Store.
- You will be redirected to Google Play and you will be able to download the recommended application.
IMAGE SOURCE: Android Central
And as always, we end with an invite: don't be a stranger and join our community - be a part of the conversation where we help each other out, discuss the latest and greatest, and make the best of our tech.