Today Google finally released the Gmail 4.2 version for Android 4.0 and up. Even though there were other methods to install the newest Gmail app on your device, you can now install the official version.
Here’s what Google says they added new to the Gmail app:
- Auto-fit messages to screen and message zooming
- Swipe messages to archive or delete
- Attach photos and videos from within Gmail
- Larger photo previews and gallery view for photo attachments
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
- This feature works exactly like the notification panel in Jelly Bean that allows you to delete notifications by swiping them to the right. So basically you should already be used to the move.
- To modify the settings for the Swipe action, go to General Settings and tap ‘Swiping conversation list’. You can choose there what happens when you swipe a message. You can select to archive or delete messages or to directly delete them. Also you can choose the ‘Has no effect option’ if you don’t like the idea of swiping messages.
DID YOU KNOW? Updato offers seamless and guaranteed phone unlocking for any device, carrier and region! It's quick and easy - try it now.
- Go to General Settings and tap on the ‘Auto-fit messages’ checkbox. This will activate the feature that will make all HTML based emails be fully zoomed out when you receive them. You can then zoom in to read the message as you would do on a webpage on the browser. This is a useful feature for those messages that simply don’t fit on your screen and you find them so difficult to read.
Have you tried the Gmail 4.2 app? You can share with us your experience with it if you did.
LATEST FROM YOUTUBE: