This is a complete guide that shows you how to switch off the Text Message Alerts on your Android phone. This can be helpful when you have your phone in silent mode or when you don;t want to be disturbed by text messages alerts.
(By the way, if you’re enjoying this article, you may want to subscribe to our YouTube channel; we do giveaways, hands-on product reviews, feature top tech, and much more!)
How to disable text message alerts on Android:
- Enter the Messaging application
- Tap on the menu/option button of your device (Usually left to the Home button)
- Select Settings
- On the option window scroll down until you see the ‘Select ringtone’ option. Tap on it.
- In the Ringtone list you should see the Silent option. Tap on it to activate it.
- Click Ok.
- You have disabled the Text Messages alerts.
And as always, we end with an invite: don't be a stranger and join our community - be a part of the conversation where we help each other out, discuss the latest and greatest, and make the best of our tech.