Thanks to the evolution and innovativeness of technology, switching from one platform to another is no longer a complicated process. Life is made simpler with the application of cloud storages along with other useful tools that can be used for easy migration. The move from iOS to Android is the most common transition among smartphone users. But how do you transfer your calendar from an iOS to Android platform?
You can avoid the unnecessary hassle of manually importing your stuff by using Google. Contacts along with other things can be easily transferred from an iPhone to Google calendars.
- Go to the iPhone's Settings
- Tap on the Mail, Contacts, Calendars option.
- Add or choose your active Google account.
- Head to the Calendars entry and switch it ON.
- All your calendars will now be synced automatically.
In a case where your calendars are not stored directly on your iOS device, but are instead on your iCloud storage, then you may need to go a little manual. In a simplified process:
- On your iPhone, head into the Settings menu.
- Select Mail, Contacts, Calendars option.
- Choose Add Account and then log in or set up your iCloud account.
- Your iPhone will now begin syncing the files on your local calendar to iCloud account.
- Open a PC web browser, visit www.icloud.com and then log in to your iCloud account.
- Hit the Calendar icon to launch the Calendar section.
- On the left side, tap the Share Calendar button next to the calendar you want to transfer.
- Check the Public Calendar option within the popup balloon. A sharing URL will appear below it, copy it.
- Launch a new tab on your browser then paste the URL you copied.
- In the URL change the webcal to http and then press Enter.
- The web browser will begin downloading a file with a random character name. This will actually be the copy of the calendar files on your iCloud account.
- Save the file on your computer and for convenience rename it by adding the ics extention e.g calendars.ics.
- On your web browser, open and log in to Google Calendar.
- At the left section of the Google Calendar page, find the Other Calendars entry and tap the menu arrow on its right.
- Choose Import Calendar.
- Navigate to the calendar file downloaded from iCloud. Alternatively, select the Google calendar destination.
- Tap the Import button to start uploading the file. Once the importation is complete, you should now access the files on your Google calendar web page. The added entries will also be synced automatically to your Android device.
This method only offers easy transfer of iCloud Calendar files to your Google account, and does not sync your Android and iPhone calendars. This means whatever changes you make on your iCloud Calendar entries, it won't affect or be reflected on the entries in your Google Calendar.
SmoothSync for Cloud Calendar app
If you intend to complete ditch the iOS platform then this method is your best bet. However, if you plan to use both an iPhone and Android device then it would be better to have your calendars synced between the two devices.With SmoothSync for Cloud Calendar app, you can establish a connection between an iPhone and Android to instantly sync the calendars between the devices. You won't need to export, download, import or upload the files. All you need to do is launch the app, set it up and configure it to get started.To do this: Have your iCloud account set up on your iPhone and then have your calendar backed up to the cloud.Launch the installed SmoothSync app on your Android device and then within the app, log in to your iCloud account.Choose the iCloud calendars you want to sync to your Android. When the connection is enabled and setup properly, and the iCloud on your iPhone stays active, all the changes made in your iPhone calendar will reflect automatically in your Android device.Tell us about your iOS to Android switch experience, what made it easier? Let us know in the comments.