Call Waiting feature is available on most smartphones. With the Call Waiting supported, your smartphone will alert you an incoming call even when you’re in the middle of a call. You’ll be given an option of switching to decline an incoming call or switch to a new call.Though many Android handsets have options to disable or enable the call waiting feature, your geographical region and your carrier may affected the method of enabling and disabling Call Waiting.The advantage of Call Waiting is; those who trying to reach you mid call will have a golden chance of contacting you rather than being sent to voicemail or get the busy signal which is often annoying.
How to Setup Call Waiting Open the call function
– Go to the call function by clicking the device icon on your home screen.Access the call settings
– Go to the settings button which is an icon that contain 3 vertical dots on the top right corner of your screen.Toggle Call Waiting
– Look for the checkbox for Call Waiting and click it to turn on or off. In some devices, the Call Waiting option is found in the in other setting such as the Advanced settings.In case this didn’t work or the Call Waiting option is grayed out continue reading. In this case the Call Waiting option is activated by default on your handset’s carrier.
Call Waiting For Major American Carriers
Sprint, T-Mobile, AT&T Mobility and Verizon run the Call Waiting functionality to their handsets by default.Some smartphones on these 4 carriers lacks the option of turning the Call Waiting off, so the checkbox may be grayed out or missing on your handset. However, you can disable call waiting on a pre-call basis by dialing a certain star code.
To Use and Activate Call Waiting on major US carriers, follow the steps below: Accept an incoming call
– Since the Call Waiting option is empowered by default, you’ll get a notification when someone reaches you during a call. Click on the blue or green Accept button to switch to a new call.Decline an incoming call
– In case you do not want to pick an incoming call, tap the gray or red Decline button. In case your voicemail is set up, tapping on the decline button will redirect you caller to the voicemail.Switching between calls
–It’s possible to switch calls by clicking on the Switch button.. Once you’ve hung up one conversation, your handset should be able to move you back to the conversation.
Call Waiting for European, Australian GSM or UMTS Cell Phones
Smartphones connected to UMTS or GSM needs a different and unique method for disabling or enabling Call Waiting. Typically, changing the settings for Call Waiting can be accomplished by dialing appropriate codes.Activating call waiting
– Simply dial *43# to activate the Call Waiting option. Depending on the device and carrier, an on-screen message or an electronic voice lets you know the Call Waiting have been activated.Deactivate call waiting
– Dial #43# to deactivate the Call Waiting option. A message will pop on your screen to confirm the deactivation.Check status
– To see if the call waiting is active or not, simply dial *#43#. A message alerts you of the current Call Waiting status.