Ever since its inception, the S5 has been an amazing gadget, raved by buffs and haters alike as one of the most appealing Android smartphones. Although this ‘Sammy’ smartphone leverages some of the latest computing capabilities in the field, and boasts a spectacular display and camera, there’s still a lot more you might want to do to extend the capabilities of your phone. To most people, extending the capacity and limits of your Android smartphone means you might want to root the Galaxy S5. Well, if your device is running on Android KitKat, regardless of what variant it is, here are a few steps you can use to root it using a powerful tool referred to as Towelroot. Before we bring you up to speed on precisely what you need to do to root the Galaxy S5, it’s important to understand that rooting comes with its fair share of risks. By rooting this device, you’ll be breaking into the core of its operating firmware, and doing some clever manipulations to make the device even more amazing. Well, below is how to go about it: Prerequisites
- Before anything else, to leverage this method, your device ought to be running a variant of the latest Android operating system, which is Android KitKat at this point in time. All models of the Samsung Galaxy S5 are supported, including the international unlocked versions.
- To commence the process, your phone needs to be at least 50% charged.
- It’s important that you completely backup all your important data.
With these considerations in mind, here’s the actual process:
- The first step involves allowing the installation of APKs from unknown sources. Just jump to your device’s Settings, select Security and then allow Unknown Sources
- Open your browser app and navigate to towelroot.com. Once this website loads fully, hit on the big icon in the center.
- At this stage, download the towelroot APK. Once it’s been completed, open up the notification drawer and tap on this app to install it on your device
- You’re halfway through the process to root your Galaxy S5. From the notification menu, hit on the completed installation to open the app.
- In the application screen, tap on the ‘make it ra1n’ button and let the app do what it does best
- Bingo! Within no time, you’ve rooted your ‘Sammy’ Galaxy S5, you can now enjoy the hype.
Please note that this process works with any variant of the Samsung Galaxy S5 running on the Android KitKat operating platform.
LATEST FROM YOUTUBE: