T-Mobile Galaxy S2 was updated to Jelly Bean 4.1.2 a few days ago. Once you update your phone you lose root and other custom mods you may have on your device. If you updated your Galaxy S2, you may want to root it now, so we put up together a tutorial for this. This will work only on Galaxy S2 T989 and T989D, so don’t try on any other devices. Also this will work for Ice Cream Sandwich OS too.
Before rooting your Galaxy S2, you will have to download a few files from here. The archive contains CWM Recovery installation file , Odin and the rooting .zip file. The process will be the following: first you will install CWM Revovery on your device using Odin. Then, you will use CWM to flash the SuperSU that will grant you root access on your device.
How to install CWM Recovery on T-Mobile T989 Galaxy S2:
- Presumably that you downloaded the files mentioned above, you can start by powering off your device.
- Now press Volume up + Volume down + Power until you feel the phone vibrating. Let go of the power button and wait until you are prompted with the warning sign. Now you can let go of the other two buttons and press the Volume up button to enter Download Mode like in this image
- From the files downloaded at the beginning of the tutorial, choose Odin3 v1.85.exe.
- Leave anything as it is, and press the PDA button that’s on the lower right part of the window like here.
- Choose the recovery-cmw-hercules.tar from the archive file.
- Cick on Start and wait 10 seconds for your phone to reset. That’s it, you now have CWM Recovery isntalled on T989 Galaxy S2.
How to root T989 Galaxy S2 on Jelly Bean 4.1.2:
- Connect your phone again to the computer, but this time in normal mode. Move the file CWM-SuperSU-v0.87.zip that you will find in the archive o your phone’s sd card.
- Disconnect your phone from the computer and turn it off.
- Enter Recovery mode by pressing Volume Up + Home + Power in the same time.
- Select “install zip from sd card” from the menu and then select “choose zip from sd card”.
- Select the CWM-SuperSU-v0.87.zip file. Choose yes and wait until the installation is done.
- Once SuperSu is installed you will have your T989 Galaxy S2 rooted.
You can now access root file on your T-Mobile Galaxy S2.
LATEST FROM YOUTUBE: